Good price ? for a tahoe ssv LT ? flexfuel (non AFM)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is was a city SSV Non AFM (verified by vin)

Hi Brent and congrats on your new truck! It looks great. I've highlighted the above because it is not true. VIN 0, the 8th digit, denotes the LMG 5.3 Liter engine which is FlexFuel AND has AFM. All GMT900 5.3 have AFM, the LY5 (non Flex Fuel) and the LMG and LC9.

Now, someone might have disabled it in the tune or it might have been physically removed and the computer modified as well. Next time your driving around, go to your instant fuel economy "screen" and see if the motor switches back and forth between V4 and V8. If it's in V8 all the time, then it has been disabled or removed or you're hauling too much weight around.

It appears the seller may have been ignorant or dishonest but if you're happy with it, then that's what counts and this forum is here to help you make it your own.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
Just by looking at the pics, I would have to say in my opinion that you have a civilian model, not a PPV/SSV .The interior colors are a dead give away as also the roof rack, fog lights , center console and the wood trim. also a factory PPV has no trailer hitch.
Other than that it looks like a nice Tahoe.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Brent and congrats on your new truck! It looks great. I've highlighted the above because it is not true. VIN 0, the 8th digit, denotes the LMG 5.3 Liter engine which is FlexFuel AND has AFM. All GMT900 5.3 have AFM, the LY5 (non Flex Fuel) and the LMG and LC9.

Now, someone might have disabled it in the tune or it might have been physically removed and the computer modified as well. Next time your driving around, go to your instant fuel economy "screen" and see if the motor switches back and forth between V4 and V8. If it's in V8 all the time, then it has been disabled or removed or you're hauling too much weight around.

It appears the seller may have been ignorant or dishonest but if you're happy with it, then that's what counts and this forum is here to help you make it your own.
i did not buy it yet so i'm not getting it since it has active fuel management Don't want that

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did not buy it yet so i'm not getting it since it has active fuel management Don't want that

Don't let that deter you from getting one of these fine trucks. I felt the same way at first as many others here have. Your other options are to look for a 4.8 equipped Tahoe or Yukon which will not have AFM or one of the 2009 Tahoes with the L9H 6.2 which did not have it either.

Then you could always go to the 2500 Suburban or Yukon XL which don't have AFM either! Or a Denali or Escalade with the L92 and L9H from 2007 through 2009.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17