Good aftermarket headunit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a recommendation on a good after market head unit touchscreen that will almost plug n play cause I would like to keep the stock mic and Xm antenna steering wheel controls and so on

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
There’s a shortage according to the car audio shops I talked with.

Pretty much any double DIN unit will fit, Crutchfield and Sonic audio have fit guides. Their information is incomplete and somewhat contradictory, but still helpful.

The integration with the factory controls and features comes from the use of the network adapter which is a separate component. Metra and PAC are two big makers of that part. There are multiple levels of adapter depending on what features need to be supported.

I’m no expert, this is just what I learned doing my own.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I need a recommendation on a good after market head unit touchscreen that will almost plug n play cause I would like to keep the stock mic and Xm antenna steering wheel controls and so on

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Tapatalk

I really enjoy Kenwood HU coupled with IDataLink Maestro to keep steering wheel controls. I couldn’t figure out the XM connection, so I simply didn’t spend any time on it to connect that. Apparently you need an extra adapter for that.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I really enjoy Kenwood HU coupled with IDataLink Maestro to keep steering wheel controls. I couldn’t figure out the XM connection, so I simply didn’t spend any time on it to connect that. Apparently you need an extra adapter for that.

Sirius/XM works on my Kenwood with the Maestro... no additional adapter needed. My truck is an '08 so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sirius/XM works on my Kenwood with the Maestro... no additional adapter needed. My truck is an '08 so I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I was probably just wearing my “dunce hat” while I was installing it. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645