going to buy a project c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do it justice and drop in at a min a 6.0/4L80e combo. anything else would be insulting.

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please do it justice and drop in at a min a 6.0/4L80e combo. anything else would be insulting.

as i do agree in a 6.0 being badass..a 4l80e would be a must...as far as engine on a truck a 5.3 with cam and bolt ons can also be badass especially with the nitrous express kit i have. but if i do find one for a good price id deffenetly do a 6.0

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.3's are much easier to find and therefore much cheaper generally speaking and TONS of parts out there for them, obviously. I think that'd be a great choice :)

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5.3's are much easier to find and therefore much cheaper generally speaking and TONS of parts out there for them, obviously. I think that'd be a great choice :)

pretty much half the price of the 6.0 and alot easier to find as you mentioned. i have seen them around for about 500 as i am a college student right now this project will also be on a budget but done the right way to the best of my ability. first thing on my list to do is get a complely cleaning on it and doing a 2/4 drop. also switching out those huge mirrors for the smaller sporty ones and removing the window trim

i will add much more pics later today of the interior and rest of the truck as i will be collecting pics for a build thread

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking those big dumbo mirrors off for the smaller ones makes a HUGE difference in the looks department. I did the same swap. At one time I'd thought about just shaving the side mirrors but quickly decided against that after driving it a couple of times without the mirrors other than the rearview mirror :lol:

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking those big dumbo mirrors off for the smaller ones makes a HUGE difference in the looks department. I did the same swap. At one time I'd thought about just shaving the side mirrors but quickly decided against that after driving it a couple of times without the mirrors other than the rearview mirror :lol:

lol yeaa i feel you those mirrors are too big...you got any pics of yours? id deffenetly like to see it

OP
OP
josueh95

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks real clean man! did you repaint it? those are the mirrors im looking to get also! lol and that grille looks real clean the way it is

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's been redone from the ground up. Here's a pic of the day I got it back in 2003

77000219003.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM