Going DOWN in height..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says. Truck is just a bit too much at this height for what I want handling wise. Current lift can adjust to a max of 9" lift up front, additional 3" with lift keys! Rear 7" out back with my 3" coil spacers. That would be the setup if I go big...

Now it is 5.5" in rear and front about 6.5" due to steering with 20x12s and 35s!

Plan is to ditch the rear 1.5" coil spacers and use my 4" lift spring alone. Ditch my 3" lift spindles for stock spindles. Decrunk to level front with rear. Remove my 1.5" wheel spacers from rear to bring track width inward with the 20x12s. Bring front track width inward by ditching aftermarket spindles that push them outward. Install some new 305 55 20s for my 20x12s.

All of this should yield huge performance and handling gains. Truck needs to be agile. I know the rear handles amazing at that height. Front will remain with dual shocks on each side. Jouce stops should now finally sit on the lower control arms to control up travel! New extended sway bar end links are also in order with my sway bar being reinstalled.

4" lift is where I'm headed. You guys can yay or nay. Wanted to share with a owner who might be thinking huge lift.

I have 3 trucks to drive and I still want my Tahoe at 4" now. Which is nicer and closer to the stock height but not crazy and still very practical.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Knew you would respond. I have plans to get a turbo on it and need to be practical. Lol.. I'll prob have some questions for you about a triple shock setup on each front side. Basically adding a 3rd shock into the stock location. As well as the dual hoops. Would that be a bad ride? Or better?

I'll post up some pics once I get started. Hopefully I can complete by next week.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I wouldn't put the time into a 3rd shock up front since you already have the duals and hoops. I would fab up a second shock bracket on the rear end to help it out. If you really wanted to get serious with the front end the convert the torsion bars to coilovers.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what one of my mechanics also said about the triple setup up front. Said it could hurt the dampening or take most of the load. I'll prob just keep the dual hoops. I plan to get my tbars tucked back up in the frame soon using realift offset near the lower control arms. I'm leaving the rear for now, it handled so good @ 4". It rode over speed bumps at 60 without feeling them.

Plan to have 33s installed today and start removal of coil & wheel spacers and lift spindles. Will be glad my driveshaft gets pushed back in.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting more looks already. Truck looks badass. I'm going to create some space and get some pics up tmrw. I plan to get the stock spindles swaped in with swaybar installed, rear brakes, new radiator... Otherwise that ride quality has mucho improved already.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bars to coilovers

Need all the parts needed. right now the 6" lift is decrunk to 4" to match rear however my dual shocks have like little upp compression cause you can a barelly see the pistons sticking out. Plus I want the front of the ride to be much better!

Please help so I don't purchase a new Tahoe this week. Was going to upgrade but this tahoe has way too much already done to it.

I know Atomic from pt deigned this kit like 4 years ago. I need a list of parts to purchase.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any info on coil over parts? Finally took a pic a few mins ago after all this time. Online is reserved to my phone and work lately. Right now as she sits with no front shocks lol. Haven't drove it much lately. It's getting ready for new paint, coil overs, and turbo.

6.0Ho, 4l80e, 3200stall, 4.56 gears, 20x12 305 55 20s, 3" spindle and 1.5" rear spacer. No rubbing with extreme NorCal mods Plus some tricks in the right places. Got rid of all the lift kit weight and 35s!! Still lifted and more inline for future performance plans.

The Beast Hoe
IMG_3510.JPG

Notice my baby Burb in the back still appears taller as its 4wd, leveled on 22s.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha. Knew you would respond. I have plans to get a turbo on it and need to be practical. Lol.. I'll prob have some questions for you about a triple shock setup on each front side. Basically adding a 3rd shock into the stock location. As well as the dual hoops. Would that be a bad ride? Or better?

I'll post up some pics once I get started. Hopefully I can complete by next week.
Did you ever do this? I know it's old....