Goin to college from September to May, Need cleaning advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, waterless like this:

439.jpg

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-439-new-adams-waterless-car-wash-combo.aspx

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your paint is probably all scratched to hell now, people put those brushes on the ground and everything dude. I would never let one near any of my cars.

Word, brushes are only for wheels, never for the paint.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would suggest putting a nice coat of wax on before heading out, then hitting it with a detail spray 1-2 times a week and a waterless car wash when it is really dirty. I hear a California car duster goes a long way as well.

that is exactly what I was going to say,
just try to do a full detail before you leave (clay bar, wax, polish etc.) so you can try to have some protection on your paint. Oh yeah and the california duster actually does work I didn't use it much when I first bought it (6-7 yrs ago) but now that I don't seem to have as much time for constant washing I use it more now.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a car cover if your gonna be parked in the open, and not going to be constantly getting in and out.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
And a car cover if your gonna be parked in the open, and not going to be constantly getting in and out.
If you get a cover make sure you keep the truck really clean, as they rub on the paint when the wind blows and if there is any grit it will scratch the finish. I do not like them for that reason.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
If you get a cover make sure you keep the truck really clean, as they rub on the paint when the wind blows and if there is any grit it will scratch the finish. I do not like them for that reason.

word...i'd only cover if i was storing in a garage for long periods.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Your paint is probably all scratched to hell now, people put those brushes on the ground and everything dude. I would never let one near any of my cars.

Mybad guys I forgt to mention that I take along a bucket with ICE Auto soap and microfiber, spray the bucket full of water (ehich turns to soap) then start.
Common, I would never use that brush, I don't even go to car washes/detailers with the washes with the bristles/brushes. Scared they will screw up my paint so I go to Exxon High pressure contactless ones.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Mybad guys I forgt to mention that I take along a bucket with ICE Auto soap and microfiber, spray the bucket full of water (ehich turns to soap) then start.
Common, I would never use that brush, I don't even go to car washes/detailers with the washes with the bristles/brushes. Scared they will screw up my paint so I go to Exxon High pressure contactless ones.
I hope you wax afterwards, the detergent in those touchless washes is pretty harsh.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Actually I wax only every 4 months but I can tell you my Exxon wahes and hand work looks far better than my brothers old Esky which was always locally detailed.
I know for a fact those brustle washes can do a number on paint as people rarely check them for crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum