Goin to college from September to May, Need cleaning advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Hey,
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I got my Tahoe after last semester was over and have been home (with water hose access) all summer and completely wash my Tahoe once a week. I am going to college on Sept. 1st and will be there until May..So my question is:

With no water hose access, no garage, or cleaning tools How do i keep my 'Hoe clean? I know there is a car wash about 10 minutes from my Dorm room, but they never really "clean" as well as I would by doing it at home with a hose and cleaning supplies. Any methods/soaps/tools you recommend I can buy to make my Tahoe clean? Maybe something I can use at car wash to really help?

Thanks!:)

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i used to take my bucket and cleaning supplies late in the evening to the car wash and plunk my first dollar in to fill the bucket and rinse off the truck...then hand wash the entire vehicle and plunk my next dollar in to rinse it. i went late in the evening because there were no attendants to harrass me for hand washing. i continue to do it now when i just don't feel like pulling out the hose.

OP
OP
Anthony

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
i used to take my bucket and cleaning supplies late in the evening to the car wash and plunk my first dollar in to fill the bucket and rinse off the truck...then hand wash the entire vehicle and plunk my next dollar in to rinse it. i went late in the evening because there were no attendants to harrass me for hand washing. i continue to do it now when i just don't feel like pulling out the hose.

SOunds good but....I dont know if I want to carry a bucket in my car lol. My subs (2 alpine Type R's) take up the back of the car now... haha

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
SOunds good but....I dont know if I want to carry a bucket in my car lol. My subs (2 alpine Type R's) take up the back of the car now... haha

the bucket doesn't stay in the ride...I kept it in my closet at my dorm! and it never had water/suds in the bucket when it was in the ride. i even chamoised the bucket dry before putting it back in the truck...lol. I was able to carry my necessities in the bucket to and from the cw.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I thought about that, the local car quarter wash with the wand and brush with selectable modes and a few tools from WalMart solved that. I went from doing its every week to every two or three weeks though. Just depends on the drityness....

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
I thought about that, the local car quarter wash with the wand and brush with selectable modes and a few tools from WalMart solved that. I went from doing its every week to every two or three weeks though. Just depends on the drityness....

be careful with a brush from those car washes. remember that others that don't care for their vehicles the way we do will use it on grease and the ground...lol...dirty diapers...ok i made that part up...lol Just be careful if you plan to touch that brush to your paint...I'd recommend against it.

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Your paint is probably all scratched to hell now, people put those brushes on the ground and everything dude. I would never let one near any of my cars.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would suggest putting a nice coat of wax on before heading out, then hitting it with a detail spray 1-2 times a week and a waterless car wash when it is really dirty. I hear a California car duster goes a long way as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10