GMC Mats, easily scratched?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMC mats are a waste of $500.
The front ones fit well (I could probably recommend these), the 2nd row is ok at best (the center continues to disconnect between the halves).

But the set behind the 3rd row doesn't stay attached to the back of the seats and if you try and move things (suitcases / totes / etc) from the far back to above the 3rd row seats they get caught on the mat transition. They should have a single mat across the entire back area which flex's when the seat reclines to avoid the transition.

They look like you've been hauling wolves that have tried to claw through the floor and they feel like plastic.

A suggestion for GMC:
Ram used to make a rubbery set of deep mats, I had them in a Mega cab. They were stupid expensive when they came out (~$650 for 3) but they were as soft as carpet but held back liquid. GMC should copy those for next time.
Strange. My oem matts are fine. The 2nd row stays connected. 3rd row stays connected. The backs of third row stay on. So much so that repositioning them was super hard. Even bought more Velcro like the forum suggested. Didn't need any of it. They came with Velcro already attached. They did have a film on them so Maybe people didn't remove the film/cover? Lol

The cargo area is nice too. Love how it slides underneath when you raise and lower the third row.

Sometimes I question the complaints on here. Like its user error or something.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange. My oem matts are fine. The 2nd row stays connected. 3rd row stays connected. The backs of third row stay on. So much so that repositioning them was super hard. Even bought more Velcro like the forum suggested. Didn't need any of it. They came with Velcro already attached. They did have a film on them so Maybe people didn't remove the film/cover? Lol

The cargo area is nice too. Love how it slides underneath when you raise and lower the third row.

Sometimes I question the complaints on here. Like its user error or something.
So the mats behind your third row stay on the back of the seat?

Dealer installed these mats, it has been back twice for the mats falling off the 3rd row seats. Not sure what else I can do as a customer on this one.

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dealer installed these mats, it has been back twice for the mats falling off the 3rd row seats. Not sure what else I can do as a customer on this one.
If there's weight on the floor mat when you lower the 3rd row it will pull the seat back covers off.

I'm actually returning mine today and getting the WT mat instead.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine stay on just fine. When I first installed them the Velcro was really really hard to remove to adjust as i had mispositioned it. I even bought more Velcro as the forums suggested but didn't need any of it. The velcro did have a protective cover on it so I wonder how many people left that on and complain it doesn't hold lol.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there's weight on the floor mat when you lower the 3rd row it will pull the seat back covers off.

I'm actually returning mine today and getting the WT mat instead.
Yes this right here is what i mean. USER ERROR. The floor matt slides underneath the cargo liner when the 3rd row is up. If you have heavy objects on the cargo liner how is the part underneath supposed to slide back out as you lower the 3rd row seat ? It can't. So it will pull off the back..

The reason they do this is so you have overlap and protect the part that shows when the seat gets folded. This isn't an issue if you understand how it's supposed to work.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this right here is what i mean. USER ERROR. The floor matt slides underneath the cargo liner when the 3rd row is up. If you have heavy objects on the cargo liner how is the part underneath supposed to slide back out as you lower the 3rd row seat ? It can't. So it will pull off the back..
in my case the mat behind the 3rd row comes off without any weight on the cargo liner; the adhesive that attaches the Velcro to the seat keeps failing (dealer has replaced twice, still happens today, but I've given up)

additionally
having the mat not work with an item is in the cargo area is a design fail

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my case the mat behind the 3rd row comes off without any weight on the cargo liner; the adhesive that attaches the Velcro to the seat keeps failing (dealer has replaced twice, still happens today, but I've given up)

additionally
Yeah that's strange. There should be no adhesive on the seat. The velcro itself sticks to the seat back. The adhesive should only be stuck on the matts themselves. How would you design it? Lots of designers and engineers here.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score

additionally
Why not take the tabs off the seat backs and let the hook part of the velceo on the liner hook right to the seat back? I did this for mine and it has yet to come off since.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... are you guys saying that the adhesive tabs are not supposed to be on the back of the seats?
Seems the dealer has some learning todo (dealer did the original and the follow on install for this falling off) always using the adhesive tabs. I'd head outside and check it out, but it's in GMC jail wanting for a new turbo.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean they are supposed to be used, however the adhesive on those are not tacky enough to stick well to the carpeting on the seat backs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons