GMC Mats, easily scratched?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a full set of GMC Mats for my 2022 Yukon XL. I have had them for about a month now. They show scratch marks / marrings so easily.. why? Anyone else have this problem? Did I get a defective pair? If not, recommendations for how to mats1.jpgmats2.jpgmats3.jpgremove.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory GMC mats in my 2017 and they look the same. Eventually all the scratches will even out. I think it's just a characteristic of the material.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same mats and thats just how they are. I find them to fit well, and clean up well,, nice grip, a good mat in comparison to some aftermarket mats that have other drawbacks. I use an all purpose cleaner with a micro fiber and they clean up well. There are some low gloss interior protectants to hide and make look good but I find them to make it slippery, which may be an issue if you have children.

downtheroadar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL, this worked on my 2020 Silverado mats I got post purchase -

Meguiars Hot Shine Tire Spray​

OP
OP

1Guy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same mats and thats just how they are. I find them to fit well, and clean up well,, nice grip, a good mat in comparison to some aftermarket mats that have other drawbacks. I use an all purpose cleaner with a micro fiber and they clean up well. There are some low gloss interior protectants to hide and make look good but I find them to make it slippery, which may be an issue if you have children.
mind sharing the cleaner and low gloss protectant you use? I don't want them slippery. thx.

dcyy

Reaction score
61ZZ9I2nz0L._AC_SS130_.jpg
I've had Weathertech mats that needed touched up and used this stuff-worked great Forever Black FB060

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GMC mats for the front, waiting on Weather tech for the 2nd row because I dislike the GMC ones. The material is hard plastic vs a rubber that weather tech uses, and I have the same issue with scratches. They do fit well in the footwell, but I don't think they're deep enough to collect melting snow and water without it spilling over the sides.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The GMC mats are a waste of $500.
The front ones fit well (I could probably recommend these), the 2nd row is ok at best (the center continues to disconnect between the halves).

But the set behind the 3rd row doesn't stay attached to the back of the seats and if you try and move things (suitcases / totes / etc) from the far back to above the 3rd row seats they get caught on the mat transition. They should have a single mat across the entire back area which flex's when the seat reclines to avoid the transition.

They look like you've been hauling wolves that have tried to claw through the floor and they feel like plastic.

A suggestion for GMC:
Ram used to make a rubbery set of deep mats, I had them in a Mega cab. They were stupid expensive when they came out (~$650 for 3) but they were as soft as carpet but held back liquid. GMC should copy those for next time.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We went with the GMC mats up front (earned enough points buying the rig they were "free") and then did Husky X-Act Contour in the 2nd, 3rd and cargo rows. The Husky X-Act fit well and have a nice soft feel to them - almost like carpet and they're a one piece design for 2nd and 3rd rows.