Glass Breakage sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up DEI 506T Glass Breakage audio sensor to add to my existing Viper 791XV Alarm. I was wondering what is the best location to mount the little microphone in are Tahoes?

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I would go for driver door since thats the first place i would bust out a windpw to get in a car maybe passenger side window if its near a curb

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think center it under dash or up by windsheild? I was thinking up by windsheild might give it better sound due to waves reflecting off glass. However I'm not familiar with the sensativity that these microphone needs or doesn't..

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I would rather put it on a door because its like feels the impact of glass breaking

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
they installed mine under the onstar button. i havent been unfortunate enough yet to find out if it works but it goes off a certain frequency glass makes when it breaks so as long as it has a clear shot to the window i think it would be ok.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Gzes I think your confusing audio sensor with a shock sensor.
Okay guys I don't have onstar button so I guess I'm just gonna go with windsheild and A-pillar . Thx.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed glass breakage sensor today and placed Mic on top drivers side A-pillar and I am NOT impressed with the results.. I thought this would pick up tapping from back window but barely picking up drivers side window..:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700