Give me ideas!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had emailed them and they gave me a price of $975. Is this expected? haha. And so if I did get the denali headlights with HID's, it'd blind people?

Wow $975, for less than $400 I got everything I needed and made it myself and I think it looks badass. I've also gotten many compliments on the look and the output is amazing. I have 2 other sets of OEM headlights that I'll eventually do with a different setup. It's nice to break into something and make it better, looking back knowing you made it is a plus. Just make it yourself. The mini h1 is affordable and I think you can just swap projectors, add the hid bulbs, ballasts and relay harness and your done.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow $975, for less than $400 I got everything I needed and made it myself and I think it looks badass. I've also gotten many compliments on the look and the output is amazing. I have 2 other sets of OEM headlights that I'll eventually do with a different setup. It's nice to break into something and make it better, looking back knowing you made it is a plus. Just make it yourself. The mini h1 is affordable and I think you can just swap projectors, add the hid bulbs, ballasts and relay harness and your done.

I honestly have no idea how to tackle this. Can you send me links to the items I need to purchase? And is there a how-to on the forum somewhere?

Thanks,

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me but I gotta... while it is true they are brighter and better dispersed than HIDs in stock reflectors, your still putting a hid bulb into a halogen projector. I have a set of depo projectors, and have hooked HIDs up in them. They still glare. There Is a ton of light getting shed above the cutoff. So while they may be brighter, they still glare and blind oncoming traffic. Sorry... had to put that out there.

Personal experience with them huh? I've seen cutoff pics with depo projectors that looked fine, but hey I won't argue with that.

There is a reason why I am running HIR's until i have the time and cash for a true retro. That would be a very effective upgrade that is plug and play for the wifes 'kon OP
If a retrofit is too expensive/too much work
Put these in the low and highbeams:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=574139&jnid=6&jpid=1

The following is some posts I made in another Forum but it shows the HIR's and LED fogs a bit.

if you say so. I dont get why they would advertise them as wagner then.

I have them installed for months in my Denali.

"Wagner" HIR 9011's in the left and 9005's (1700LM, the Jeep lows are 9006 @ 1000LM) on the right, in my crappy 2003 halogen projectors

IMAG09122.jpg

IMAG0909.jpg

IMAG0904.jpg

IMAG0898.jpg
I certainly understand the skepticism, as I reacted the same way. :cheers2:

I'll bet that they purchase them in bulk packaging and sell them under the wagner name for less.

Excuse my crappy photos

just for fun here is my Denali lighting setup:

Sorry if its a thread derail, but you can see how 9011's compare to other lighting. 9005's in my highs still, these are my LED fogs
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZGBLNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got them all finished up this weekend!

IMAG0027-MOTION.gif

Off
IMAG0034.jpg

LED "fogs"
IMAG0029.jpg

Lows (9011 HIR bulbs)
IMAG0032.jpg

Lows + LEDs
IMAG0033.jpg

6 High (Fogs, Highs, and lows @ the same time)
IMAG0035.jpg

6 High again:
IMAG0023.jpg

Brackets upside down. I can adjust them up/down and left/right and even clock them a couple of degrees.
IMAG0009.jpg

Much longer wire than necessary. I have it wrapped around a bumper support.
IMAG0001.jpg

Off: XK in the street. Pink flipflops on the driveway.

IMAG0021.jpg

how were you guys putting the 9011's in the low beam spot... They fit loosy goossy as hell. Fit perfectly as the high beams Though.

This is what I did: (borrowed pics from another site)

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-...ulb-fit-9006-harness-increase-visibility.html

The base of the 9005 is smaller.
I used the rubber seal from the old 9006 bulb

9005_9.jpg

9005_10.jpg

Works great.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

I believe that a custom adapter plate is required to bolt in the H1's there is a how to around here somewhere...

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Here are some HOW TO's that I think are pretty easy/inexpensive mods.

L.E.D. Bulb Conversion/Cross Reference List

How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Corvette Shift Servo Install w/ pics

05nali's HOW TO Ipod/AUX hookup for 03+ XM equipped trucks

DIY: High Flow Stock Airbox
Heres mine:

Here's some pics of mine.

Cut out most of the bottom of the filter box, added a screen and bent it to fit in place, threw on some black silicone and a bit of black spray paint.
IMAG0289.jpg

Took a look @ the bracket in place. The cuts in the bracket line up with the opening in the airbox, looks kind of haphazard here... I didn't want to cut out more than necessary.

IMAG0294.jpg

Hit it with paint
IMAG0295.jpg

Did it make any difference? Who knows. Maybe someday I'll hit WOT on the freeway and find out.

It cost nothing but a few minutes of my time and materials that I had laying around in the garage. Had fun with my grinder and dremel too.

Looks like the inner fender well liner might scoop air up into this area.

Last edited:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quad FTW LOL jk

Cutoff
picture.php

Low beams
picture.php

Lows and highs
picture.php

For reference the building is about 200ft away.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quad FTW LOL jk

Cutoff
picture.jpg
Low beams
picture.jpg
Lows and highs
picture.jpg

For reference the building is about 200ft away.

Definitely FTW. My setup isn't bad, but its very low budget. $20 HIR's and $40 in LED offroad lights + misc wire.

Yours is clearly superior! :licklips: Someday i'll play with retrofits. I've gotta get mine to stop handling like a tug boat first though.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

I honestly have no idea how to tackle this. Can you send me links to the items I need to purchase? And is there a how-to on the forum somewhere?

Thanks,

Easy HID retrofit

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I would look into the NNBS upgrade. You can get bigger brakes for not much more money. This would require new calipers as well, and depends on what size wheels you have (they fit 17's!), but I would rather have bigger, quality blanks and new calipers than shiny drilled and slotted rotors.

Its probably time for new brake lines as well. You could choose to spend a bit more cash on SS brake lines.

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=28846

nbs vs nnbs
12" vs 13" plus resigned larger front calipers
OEMvsCentrix1.gif

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, never been flashed. $131 Depo Denali headlights with 35 w morimoto hid kit with relays. I'm sure a retrofit is another jump up but this works for me.

27f3d92a74f18f5db43c4eb3fcc854b9.jpg

9a78b5c67ecfb6fab01e731b0f93f3d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely FTW. My setup isn't bad, but its very low budget. $20 HIR's and $40 in LED offroad lights + misc wire.

Yours is clearly superior! :licklips: Someday i'll play with retrofits. I've gotta get mine to stop handling like a tug boat first though.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Easy HID retrofit

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I would look into the NNBS upgrade. You can get bigger brakes for not much more money. This would require new calipers as well, and depends on what size wheels you have (they fit 17's!), but I would rather have bigger, quality blanks and new calipers than shiny drilled and slotted rotors.

Its probably time for new brake lines as well. You could choose to spend a bit more cash on SS brake lines.

http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/index.php?showtopic=28846

nbs vs nnbs
12" vs 13" plus resigned larger front calipers
OEMvsCentrix1.gif

Lol Im just messing with ya.

The brake upgrade is definitely on my to do list as well.
Really all depends what kind of upgrades he want. Aesthetics, Performance, interior?

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol Im just messing with ya.

The brake upgrade is definitely on my to do list as well.
Really all depends what kind of upgrades he want. Aesthetics, Performance, interior?

Oh no worries @ all :)

I've been oogling your quad retro and drooling on myself since I found these boards.

Yeah the NNBS brake upgrade is certainly on my list. When these pads wear down I'm going that route. I'll probably try to find calipers @ the junkyard, doubtful I'll pony up for the stainless braided lines, but new rubber lines and a fluid flush is in the cards for that one as well.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

For what it's worth, never been flashed. $131 Depo Denali headlights with 35 w morimoto hid kit with relays. I'm sure a retrofit is another jump up but this works for me.

27f3d92a74f18f5db43c4eb3fcc854b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a beautiful 'kon you have sir. I'd plastidip or bedline the chrome bumper if it was mine :)

Last edited:

SRTH8R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, plan on color matching when I get some spare change. Tiny ding in the rear and the front has a ding as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe