GFDI! Broken rear heater... maybe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
My front heater works just fine... but the rear heat blows cold. Is there some sort of actuator or something that is not switching over? Obviously the heater coils are working just fine and the blowers are actually blowing... just not hot

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Yea, the blending door is most likely stuck. I think its pretty common on these trucks. My dads old '04 suburban had it happen twice.

nicegy31

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I found that the part that the actuatior control was broken I had to changed the upper console now I have to do some more troubleshooting. Both actuators are not working. I swapped them and neither one is moving. Does anyone have the write up on what wire has voltage on them I seen it in the forum before but can not find it now?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. I found that the part that the actuatior control was broken I had to changed the upper console now I have to do some more troubleshooting. Both actuators are not working. I swapped them and neither one is moving. Does anyone have the write up on what wire has voltage on them I seen it in the forum before but can not find it now?

after installing the new actuators, did you do the re-learn process?

did you check the fuse under the hood to make sure it was still good?

even with them not working properly, it's uncommon for them to not move at all.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Did you update to the new actuator controller module? It is a little computer that has updated software in it to prevent failures.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I don't remember there being a re-learn process for the rear. My actuator was stuck on cold. I found the GM bulletin online about how to fix it. Replace the actuator as well as the little control box. I got them both on Amazon. I had the battery unhooked and installed everything. When I hooked it up, I didn't touch anything. It ran a little self-test then everything was working normally again.

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I took my rear panel off today and found that the one actuator is stuck on cold. I can manually turn it to heat and it'll work. The cheapest I found on Amazon.com was $70 which is better than the local parts store wanting $116!

stormin

Reaction score
mine now works....

I was reading somewhere... that if you disconnect the battery... and let it sit for a few mins.. then reconnect battery... the system or the control for the actuator... can .. "relearn"...

so that's what I did ...and I now have heat once again in the back of the tahoe!

good luck all

take care
NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick