trim height inspection procedure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutandAbout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey y'all. 2005 Tahoe Z71 4x4.

Does someone have the table for trim height speciations? The one that shows the measurements for Service Allowed and Service Preferred?

I am unable to find the actual specifications table anywhere.

I bought a manual online from tradebit, it has all the R/R procedures but does not contain the section it references to check the measurements.

In the manual, it has this step:
“Measure the Z height. Refer to TRIM HEIGHT INSPECTION PROCEDURE in Suspension General Diagnosis”

I know how to check the measurements, but I have no idea what it should be for my Tahoe, by the book.

I have a front keys kit installed. I am 38" +/- at the fender/flare center on the hub at all corners. There is a gap at the jounce bumper and LCA. Not measured it, but it's more that 0-0.25" and less than an inch from eyeballing it. I've seen those specs as 0-0.25", this dang manual doesn't seem to have that spec either.

If y'all can recommend a manual that has this info in it, let me know too.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all. 2005 Tahoe Z71 4x4.

Does someone have the table for trim height speciations? The one that shows the measurements for Service Allowed and Service Preferred?

I am unable to find the actual specifications table anywhere.

I bought a manual online from tradebit, it has all the R/R procedures but does not contain the section it references to check the measurements.

In the manual, it has this step:
“Measure the Z height. Refer to TRIM HEIGHT INSPECTION PROCEDURE in Suspension General Diagnosis”

I know how to check the measurements, but I have no idea what it should be for my Tahoe, by the book.

I have a front keys kit installed. I am 38" +/- at the fender/flare center on the hub at all corners. There is a gap at the jounce bumper and LCA. Not measured it, but it's more that 0-0.25" and less than an inch from eyeballing it. I've seen those specs as 0-0.25", this dang manual doesn't seem to have that spec either.

If y'all can recommend a manual that has this info in it, let me know too.

Thanks in advance.
The Z dimension is defined and illustrated in Chilton manual Chapter 10.

OP
OP
O

OutandAbout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Z dimension is defined and illustrated in Chilton manual Chapter 10.
There is a table that defines the Service Allowed Z height measurement range and Service Preferred Z height measurement? Could you post a picture?

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a table that defines the Service Allowed Z height measurement range and Service Preferred Z height measurement? Could you post a picture?

schroll down to tech section and look for a thread on the manual. I think post number 10 will have the link to download the manual. courtesy of Alejenerdino.

OP
OP
O

OutandAbout

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found it and it had what I was looking for, thank you!
schroll down to tech section and look for a thread on the manual. I think post number 10 will have the link to download the manual. courtesy of Alejenerdino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar