Get rid of smells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ozone generators are rough on plastics and rubber.

Foul smells are rough on my olfactory neurons and I can ArmorAll my dash.

Just ribbin' ya. I know what you're saying but I'd use ozone responsibly. I don't even need it for my Tahoe cuz it's pretty freakin' fresh inside. The PO of my girl's car was a smoker and we catch faint hints ever so often.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't tried it -- haven't had the need -- but this stuff is recommended by Gary Sullivan, who has a weekly talk show on home problem solving and DIY issues. https://www.odorxit.com/

His solutions/recommendations are usually pretty good. https://55krc.iheart.com/onair/gary-sullivan-18272/

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used OdorXit and can comment on its effectiveness.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
The PO of my girl's car was a smoker and we catch faint hints ever so often.

I had a used 2012 Impala before I got my Tahoe, and in the summer when you started it up you could smell the tobacco from the previous owner. That smell stayed with the car for the four years that I had it. Wish I had known about the ozone machine.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a used 2012 Impala before I got my Tahoe, and in the summer when you started it up you could smell the tobacco from the previous owner. That smell stayed with the car for the four years that I had it. Wish I had known about the ozone machine.

Yeah, that stuff sticks around. I think between her car and our two girl's rooms, such a machine would be a worthy investment.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is good info. My sis in law left a 10x20” tin of beans in the back of her crown vic from El Pollo Loco. The car sat for a few vey hot days. It turned the car into a syrup of ipecac refinery by spawning botulism.

You ever try cleaning a can of food spoiled by botulism? It’s not possible. Not sure why we didn’t have an ozone generator owned by the garage on premises. The bean, as it was later known, saw no love and was totaled over something stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. My newest PPV was a K9 unit. A good airing out was helpful, but I’m sure there will be lingering odor of Fido.