GeorgeB’s 2013 Suburban LTZ “Fin”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I did almost all of it from the top except for one bolt. I had to take the steering shaft out to get the new mount in. If I would’ve used a factory original mount I would’ve been able to put it in in pieces and bolted together without taking the steering shaft out. In all this was pretty easy. This mount was changed before. There was anti-seize on the frame side bolts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I would say that I can feel slightly more engine vibration at idle in gear. But… now when the trans shifts out of first at WOT it puts you back in your seat like it is supposed too.

I just don’t understand why the original mount broke…

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think the results would be of just leaving it that way?

Leaving the broken one in or just replacing the one side? The broke one bent replaced made a HUGE difference. I didn’t even know it was broken, my mechanic picked it off. I was so used to how it drove I didn’t even think of it. Once it was replaced I realized I did have a huge clunk on accelerating that disappeared and she felt so much better to drive.

I’m not so worried about the pass side because that seems to be the “pivot “ side. All has been fine so far.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Leaving the broken one in or just replacing the one side? The broke one bent replaced made a HUGE difference. I didn’t even know it was broken, my mechanic picked it off. I was so used to how it drove I didn’t even think of it. Once it was replaced I realized I did have a huge clunk on accelerating that disappeared and she felt so much better to drive.

I’m not so worried about the pass side because that seems to be the “pivot “ side. All has been fine so far.
I mean to just change the broken drivers side and leave the rest.

I might change the other one someday but not making a special effort

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
That escalated quickly.
Went to change the $2 hose on the rear wiper arm. I figured I could do it with the arm on the truck but wanted to take it off. Of course it is stuck on the shaft so I attempt to change the hose on the arm. Getting the old hose off was easy. It wasn't easy to get it onto the nozzle with the blade on so I went to pop the blade off snd it broke. Ok, must have been brittle. Next I figured I could pop the nozzle off to get the hose onto it. Nope! One of the keepers on the arm broke. Oops! Ok we will super glue it on after installing the hose. I cut the hose to the same length as the original as best I could and proceed. I glued the nozzle and ran the hose. Too short! It pops the cover off when it sweeps. Shit! So I stretch the hose an put it back on and its better. But now the cap for over the nut is loose because I damaged the back of the arm prying to get it off. So I push on the cap keeper a bit and it snaps off. This is ********!

Sitting in the house thinking about buying a puller for the arm when I get the idea. Slice a washer open so my puller fits. Back out to the shop in my crocks and tada! If I would have thought of it sooner!
C78AE9A3-D3E2-4FD7-BDCF-433B4540024D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne