George B's 2000 Saturn SL2. “The Turtle”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I learned that there isn't a cam position sensor and that it generates that "cam" signal. I am not sure if the signal I see in the data is an input from the crank sensor or not. Maybe if I unplug it and watch it. If no signal when unplugged it must work when plugged in.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crank no start! No spark... Came home running last night and no start this morning.

It's cold as balls here today so I have to push it into the shop.

I don't wanna work when it's cold as balls, either. Maybe that's the problem- open circuit related to temperature?

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It’s running.
Ended up being the ignition control module. I had a code for cam position stored that is really related to the ICM because the cam position signal is actually created by the ICM. Using my tech2 I could see I had a crank signal and injector pulse so I figured I must have a good crank sensor. I also had a wet spark plug. Then I ran through this video and determined it was the ICM because the Crank position sensor passed the tests. Luckily I had a plug in the harness up top that allowed me to test it. Man that thing was FLOODED! May need a case relearn but it runs good so IDK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, I did a reassessment of this situation. The rust is pretty advanced but not as bad as originally thought. As of now I don't believe the car is just going to "come apart" over the next year however I think it may be best to send it down the road while it is still a "driver". That said the new exhaust will help with that. I will then replace our 2002 envoy and hand it down to the Kiddo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts