Gas gauge issues

Discussion in 'Performance' started by Wambliokiye, Jul 9, 2018.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye Full Access Member

Name:
    Wambliokiy
    I wanna know what you think! So I filled up, gauge read 436 to empty 91o have driven around for two days looked down and it said 139 to empty!?!?!!? The miles from fill up to now there was 191 mile difference . now 191 and 139 is 330 and 106 would make the 436 at fill up . where the hell is the other 106? The AChad been on a few times but not all the time when driving. What to do what to look for what to change.

2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    The range is dependent on your instant and average fuel economy and how much fuel has been used up. If you pull into the gas station with an average of 12 mpg and put 24 gallons in it, it's going to show 288 but pull out and hit the highway it's going to increase. Does that make sense?

Fuel Range
    This message indicates the estimated distance that the vehicle can travel under the current fuel economy and
    fuel level conditions since the last battery connection to the IPC. Fuel Range is calculated using the equation:
    Fuel Range = Range Distance/Range Fuel Used.
     Range Distance = The accumulated distance travelled since the last reset of this value.
     Fuel Used = The accumulated fuel delivered since the last reset of this value
    The ECM sends the fuel range value to the IPC. The IPC receives a serial data message with the fuel
    information. The fuel range value is retained during ignition OFF and can be changed between English and
    Metric units by accessing the DIC English/Metric menu. The Fuel Range display cannot be reset. LOW is
    displayed when fuel range is below a predetermined value.

Wambliokiye, Galante and kbuskill like this.
  3. kbuskill

kbuskill ***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!

Name:
    Ken
    Like James said...

My guess is you probably had been on the interstate prior to fueling and then drove in the city for the 2 days after filling up.

Also ethanol content will affect fuel mileage.

The higher the ethanol content the lower the fuel mileage or expected range.

Wambliokiye and swathdiver like this.
  4. Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye Full Access Member

Name:
    Wambliokiy
    Well that makes alot of sense! Yeah just got back from road trip and it was all highway. Damn you guys are good.

swathdiver and kbuskill like this.