G5 tails question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did have a 2008 Tahoe with G4 tails so I know a bit about them. But I was wondering if these G5's will work with Hybrid models? We are trying to find a Yukon Denali Hybrid and these tails would look great on it. Huge difference between the G4's and G5's!

Also, the G4's had a minor problem where if you turned on the turn signal and had your foot on the brake, the tails would blink alternatively with the turn signals in the mirrors, rather than all at the same time like the factory tails. Do the G5's still do this?

Looking forward to having another giant GM SUV to mod in the near future. :D

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The G5 should work on the hybrids. As far as the brake sync no, the G5 does do the same thing you mentioned about your G4

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
That was the only thing I didn't care for. I wonder if these manufacturers even know about the problem, you would think it could be an easy fix.

Do they look exactly like Escalade tail lights or is there still some differences?

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I compared them to my partner esky and looks spot on but his is darker for sure. The g5's are like a ruby red. I dont know if I like them but looks sooo much better than stock

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The G5s and any other aftermarket tail light will work on the Yukon Denali Hybrid, they will not work on the base Yukon Hybrid or the Tahoe Hybrid as their applique/spoiler design is completely different.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zach -- Where the hell have you been?! Hope all is well.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kirk everything has been well, we got rid of our Tahoe and Escalade in order to "downsize", which didn't last so long because now we're in the market for another one. Preferrably a Denali Hybrid.

Everyone is getting the CK375 wheels! AH I'm ready for our next Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade because I want those damn wheels.

But thanks for the responses on the tails. If we don't end up with another Escalade I will definitely be modding whatever we get, starting with these tail lights. :)

I was also hoping whoever bought my Tahoe would come across this forum and register but I guess not. :/

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i know what you mean. I think about the 375 on my ride as well sometimes.. other than that, good to see ya

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 375s are coming off tomorrow ... I sold them to the nice man who bought the HyHoe and couldn't stop admiring them on the Denali.

It's time for me to do something different ... and I've been staring at sumo's tbss reps for a while. :)

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
My 375s are coming off tomorrow ... I sold them to the nice man who bought the HyHoe and couldn't stop admiring them on the Denali.

It's time for me to do something different ... and I've been staring at sumo's tbss reps for a while. :)

HA we could of traded and when we got sick of it, trade back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts