Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool! Interesting picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dooba

Reaction score
Cadillac-Escalade-Interior-Spy-Shots-June-2019-002.jpg
Spy shot of next gen interior (or at least the mule they are testing) - credit to GM Authority. They said this was for the next gen Escalade, but I think its the Yukon based on the climate control knobs.

Another big thing to note is the loss of the column shifter. Replaced by the buttons to the left of the screen?

Looks like they’ve done away with the nifty compartment behind the screen. Might’ve been gimmicky to some, but I really liked it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cadillac-Escalade-Interior-Spy-Shots-June-2019-002.jpg
Spy shot of next gen interior (or at least the mule they are testing) - credit to GM Authority. They said this was for the next gen Escalade, but I think its the Yukon based on the climate control knobs.

Another big thing to note is the loss of the column shifter. Replaced by the buttons to the left of the screen?

Fords doing the same ‘let’s glue a tablet to the dash to look like a Tesla’ move. Not a fan.

e9bd63d9e0bf0c3995f809b16474c9e3.jpg

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very true, but many others are(or have been) as well...benz and audi have been doing this for the past 3yrs.

s-l1600.jpg

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very true, but many others are(or have been) as well...benz and audi have been doing this for the past 3yrs.

s-l1600.jpg

Yep. It’s the newest fad for sure. My Range Rover has one. Not a huge fan but at least the RR sits flush with the dash. Don’t like the look when they stick out...looks like an afterthought IMO.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think it looks great from what I can see. I'm a little iffy about the "push button" shifting but otherwise everything else is laid out to work fine.

I also like the climate and radio controls having knobs. We had a Escalade rental and I HATED the silly buttons for everything. Looks cool but function was complete garbage..

SilverGABullet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep. It’s the newest fad for sure. My Range Rover has one. Not a huge fan but at least the RR sits flush with the dash. Don’t like the look when they stick out...looks like an afterthought IMO.
Yeah, adopting three year old fads is an interesting tactic, but it keeps them competitive on the more lux side. Especially if this is indeed an Escalade.

I think it looks great from what I can see. I'm a little iffy about the "push button" shifting but otherwise everything else is laid out to work fine.

I also like the climate and radio controls having knobs. We had a Escalade rental and I HATED the silly buttons for everything. Looks cool but function was complete garbage..
You make a great point. Physical Buttons are more customer friendly so it should be a welcome change.

Last edited:

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, that push-button shifting is really cool. I remember them on my grandfather's Dodge.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fords doing the same ‘let’s glue a tablet to the dash to look like a Tesla’ move. Not a fan.

e9bd63d9e0bf0c3995f809b16474c9e3.jpg

Yeah unless it can rise out of the dash to open and go back in to close not a fan of it always sticking out like that...

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah unless it can rise out of the dash to open and go back in to close not a fan of it always sticking out like that...

Maybe it will rise up, like the secret compartment on the Tahoe/Yukon dash.