Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.... Why keep everyone waiting?! I mean, if they reveal it soon and the public hates it, they could still tweak it until production starts. Also people lose interest and just go buy something else.

I, for one.

Tsip85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I may end up in the minority, but I thought it looked really good. Similar to the current design, but has the appearance of some curves to it. Based on the information provided to us, and the questions asked, you could tell that they were trying to figure out the best way to market the Denali. It seems that GM is really going to try to market it as a Luxury vehicle and I won't be surprised to see a sticker price close to or exceeding $90K. Take everything the current Escalade has, add IRS and a few extra bells an whistles. On a plus side, they've managed to increase the legroom on the third rows. I want to say it was close to 6" on the Yukon and 2" on the XL.

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we are in May. Doesn't the 2020MY begin in mid-August? Is the best we have to look forward to is a 2020 1/2 (spring) introduction for the new design?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may end up in the minority, but I thought it looked really good. Similar to the current design, but has the appearance of some curves to it. Based on the information provided to us, and the questions asked, you could tell that they were trying to figure out the best way to market the Denali. It seems that GM is really going to try to market it as a Luxury vehicle and I won't be surprised to see a sticker price close to or exceeding $90K. Take everything the current Escalade has, add IRS and a few extra bells an whistles. On a plus side, they've managed to increase the legroom on the third rows. I want to say it was close to 6" on the Yukon and 2" on the XL.

Adding $10k to the price of a yukon would be a interesting move. It pushes it into very competitive waters. Will be interesting to see.

JohnC

Reaction score
What's the latest?!? Man, I'm dying over here... When is this thing going to be released?????

NOVA99

Reaction score
Going to be awhile...I was looking at 2020 GMC HD order guides and happened upon the 2020 Escalade & Yukon order guides. There is one new color folks, looks like MY2020 is the current gen and we will have to wait until MY2021 for a refresh/next gen.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be awhile...I was looking at 2020 GMC HD order guides and happened upon the 2020 Escalade & Yukon order guides. There is one new color folks, looks like MY2020 is the current gen and we will have to wait until MY2021 for a refresh/next gen.

You sure you saw a 2020 order guide? Can you post it here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding $10k to the price of a yukon would be a interesting move. It pushes it into very competitive waters. Will be interesting to see.

I don’t think they’ll do that. There’s real competition for once with the Expedition/Navigator, and don’t laugh but rumors are swirling around a new Sequoia in 2022. Point being competition is increasing for the first time in a long time. That should keep a lid on prices.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think they’ll do that. There’s real competition for once with the Expedition/Navigator, and don’t laugh but rumors are swirling around a new Sequoia in 2022. Point being competition is increasing for the first time in a long time. That should keep a lid on prices.

I agree. Not to mention you have Jeep coming out with the full size Grand Wagoneer built on the Ram platform that’s set to compete directly with the Escalade and Yukon Denali in 2021 or 2022.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM has been running the model changes on these wagons about every 7 or eight years. That being said, the GMT900s hit the market in the spring of 2006 and they of course were 2007s.

Reminds me of 1990, one of the shortest model years for GM that I can recall, just a few months, especially for F-Body Camaro/Firebirds.

So, if GM keeps to that history, the T2 SUVs will be 2022 or 2023 models and hit the lots in 2021. Stranger things have happened!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent