Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree. Rock hard MRC and non IRS rear end play a MUCH bigger role than rubber. I special ordered non low pro and it still drives like a Red Ryder compared to my 2010 with the same size rubber.

And I mean no offense but I honestly don’t pay attention to who has what car on here.

Though I do know that you love old GM minivans... :)

I realize now that you're probably viewing this site from the app which does not show our signatures and stuff. Ok, write this down on a sticky and put on your monitor: 2009 GMC Yukon XL 4x4 with 3.42 gears. Got it? Good!

You're too young to remember how smooth the cars of the '50 through 1980s rode on America's highways. Man, it was like floating on a cloud, you didn't need cup holders unless you were in New York City while Ed Koch was mayor! Just set your soda can or Big Gulp on the dash.

I've read about some of those Z95 suspensions being too hard and it's a programming problem or a bad shock usually. Those suspensions have to contend with 22" wheel and a 45-series tire and deliver a soft enough ride that keeps a Cadillac owner happy.

Did I tell you about that 1992 Olds Silhouette minivan we rented to cruise on up to Wilmington, NC for Thanksgiving 1991?

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize now that you're probably viewing this site from the app which does not show our signatures and stuff. Ok, write this down on a sticky and put on your monitor: 2009 GMC Yukon XL 4x4 with 3.42 gears. Got it? Good!

You're too young to remember how smooth the cars of the '50 through 1980s rode on America's highways. Man, it was like floating on a cloud, you didn't need cup holders unless you were in New York City while Ed Koch was mayor! Just set your soda can or Big Gulp on the dash.

I've read about some of those Z95 suspensions being too hard and it's a programming problem or a bad shock usually. Those suspensions have to contend with 22" wheel and a 45-series tire and deliver a soft enough ride that keeps a Cadillac owner happy.

Did I tell you about that 1992 Olds Silhouette minivan we rented to cruise on up to Wilmington, NC for Thanksgiving 1991?

Lol, I forgot about that! I remember as a kid in the 70’s-80’s my dad had a “car coffee cup”. All it was was a regular coffee cup that was wider at the base and had a rubber bottom so it wouldn’t slide. he would just place it on the dash and it never spilled going over bumps. Yup, and no cup holders to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Lol, I forgot about that! I remember as a kid in the 70’s-80’s my dad had a “car coffee cup”. All it was was a regular coffee cup that was wider at the base and had a rough bottom so it wouldn’t slide. he would just place it on the dash and it never spilled going over bumps. Yup, and no cup holders to be found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 221921

I remember that we also had a blue one, probably plastic with a rubber bottom glued to it.

Why did we get so thirsty since then? LOL

I totally forgot about those! My dad had one too! His was blue. And definitely had a rubber pad on the bottom. Ford Taurus wagon. Used to fight over who got to sit in the "way back" rear facing flip up seat! Good times. Lol

Oh yeah, and a phone in a big bag.

Tsip85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 221280 Saw this in car and driver magazine. Sorry for bad photo

This is as close to anything I've seen to date. I've seen pics of the Yukon (SLT, Denali, and AT4) and this Tahoe looks about like what I saw. I was part of a market research study back in Sept or Oct and we went over all the features. The new Denali loos so HOT with the dual exhaust!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
too bad, dual exhaust doesnt save the rest of it

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's about time GM had a reveal.

Agreed.... Why keep everyone waiting?! I mean, if they reveal it soon and the public hates it, they could still tweak it until production starts. Also people lose interest and just go buy something else.