Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy as a clam when mine has a little load on and is running LT tires with the dumb suspension.

You driving a 15+?

I can assure you it’s not ‘low profile tires’ that make the 15+ ride stiffer/less compliant than an IRS vehicle and older gen tahoes.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You driving a 15+?

I can assure you it’s not ‘low profile tires’ that make the 15+ ride stiffer/less compliant than an IRS vehicle and older gen tahoes.

Dude, you know what I'm driving. Still think you're wrong about the bad ride. It definitely starts with the tires and the tires and wheels are the biggest factor in determining how a vehicle rides.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, you know what I'm driving. Still think you're wrong about the bad ride. It definitely starts with the tires and the tires and wheels are the biggest factor in determining how a vehicle rides.

We can agree to disagree. Rock hard MRC and non IRS rear end play a MUCH bigger role than rubber. I special ordered non low pro and it still drives like a Red Ryder compared to my 2010 with the same size rubber.

And I mean no offense but I honestly don’t pay attention to who has what car on here.

Though I do know that you love old GM minivans... :)

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I think I posted this position earlier in the thread, but I'm gonna post it again since the IRS discussion is renewed.

There are a few things that bother me about the upcoming Tahoe's IRS.

1. GM has been dominating the segment for decades with a solid rear. I don't know if they're worried about a slight bump in Expedition sales, but I don't see the Expedition threatening the GM SUVs in any meaningful way in the future. It's had IRS since 2003 and has not eaten into the Tahoe's sales much if at all since then.

2. IRS is more expensive. GM is all about cost cutting, so why add cost here, and more to the point, why mess with a simple formula that has worked so well for so long?

3. People that are concerned with 3rd row space and ride already have an option - the Traverse. It's nearly as large as a Tahoe.

4. I am assuming the Silverado/Sierra half tons will have solid rears at least for the duration of the 2019-? generation. By putting two different axles on two different vehicles on the same platform, GM is implicitly admitting that one of the axles is a concession. I mean, if the IRS is so great, and if it can be implemented without affecting towing or payload, then why isn't it already on the Silverado/Sierra, which receive much more R&D dollars than the SUVs? The pickups and SUVs should be identical in all aspects besides sheet metal.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the NYC Auto Show. The top dog who was there from Chevrolet said the 2020 Tahoe's will not be out till late summer or fall. She said I will get a e-mail for further information.

They had the 2020 Silverado High Country. It got zero love from everyone including me.

With that said everyone seemed to love the 2019 Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon.

The place was packed for a week day. What I did not like about the NYC Auto Show is everything is on different floors. Even the Tahoe and Suburban were on different floors. The Auto Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center has everything on one floor.

BTW if you go there the Cheeseburgers and Fries are awesome!!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the NYC Auto Show. The top dog who was there from Chevrolet said the 2020 Tahoe's will not be out till late summer or fall. She said I will get a e-mail for further information.

They had the 2020 Silverado High Country. It got zero love from everyone including me.

With that said everyone seemed to love the 2019 Tahoe,Suburban and Yukon.

The place was packed for a week day. What I did not like about the NYC Auto Show is everything is on different floors. Even the Tahoe and Suburban were on different floors. The Auto Show at the Miami Beach Convention Center has everything on one floor.

BTW if you go there the Cheeseburgers and Fries are awesome!!

So it IS coming out in the next 5 months or so. Cool. They better release some pictures here soon. Bizarre they didn’t have one at the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9