Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of IRS, at that point might as well stop calling it an SUV.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of IRS, at that point might as well stop calling it an SUV.

Yeah, seems most here refer to SUVs with IRS ‘minivans’. Wonder if they’ll call the new tahoes and Yukon’s minivans?

I’m all for IRS as I don’t tow much and when I do it’s nothing massive.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems most here refer to SUVs with IRS ‘minivans’. Wonder if they’ll call the new tahoes and Yukon’s minivans?

I’m all for IRS as I don’t tow much and when I do it’s nothing massive.

Same here. I think I’d enjoy the benefits of IRS more than any disadvantages. Increased interior space, better ride, better handling, that’s all positives for my use of these vehicles. And I’m still not convinced that occasional towing would suffer either, the Expedition seems to do just fine.

Now if my job required me to tow horse trailers or something like that daily, then maybe I wouldn’t want IRS either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that “most” of who buy these vehicles do so to move people only. However part of the allure is owning a capable vehicle that looks the part. The auto companies are continually making changes that appeal to the people mover demographic. Once they are no longer capable of doing anything other than moving people the allure is gone and they become another minivan nobody wants.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To drive the point home, minivans are half the price and move people better but nobody likes to say they own one. Much rather say they own a “Tahoe”

We've had Pontiac Montana minivans since 2002. They are extremely reliable/economical to operate, more roomy than a Suburban, and get great gas mileage for what they are. Even tows well. Of course, the Montana is the most masculine of them all and that's why I chose it! LOL

Still don't like the idea of the IRS for a tow vehicle, more needless complexity and expense to satisfy the euro loving magazine writers.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Tahoe to tow one car to the track and another to shows across the country. The Tahoe to me is a vehicle that I can drive daily without having a truck with a bed (useless for my family’s needs), and a real full-frame truck when I need it on the weekends. I already have cars that can pull 1.2+ cornering Gs. Not looking for that in my Tahoe.
Not sure where this “new GM” in general is headed, but it might have to head there without my wallet as that’s how I, as the consumer vote.

SilverGABullet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you buy other brands or are you now locked into only being able to buy used tahoes <2020 until you’re gone?
I am open to other brands/manufacturers down the line. I think my 2018 will last me awhile (hopefully).

I just do not see the drive behind the change on the Silverado/Sierra when you keep the black plastic where the mirror used to be. New positioning seems like it will be another hole in the door that would let in outside sound & possibly water.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And me. And most moms (who are the tahoes biggest demographic)

No man card for you!

Most moms haven't any idea what an independent rear suspension is. It's those low profile tires that are killing the ride feel. I'm happy as a clam when mine has a little load on and is running LT tires with the dumb suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastline22