Fuse repeatedly blows for rear wiper, washer, window latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TexasFred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Confirmed wire is being chafed

Blueseth,

Thanks for the pics.

Yup...I checked my 2007 Tahoe this morning and there is chafing on a red wire (or red & white). There's also evidence of the electricity shorting on the sharp edge of the body opening because it is a little charred. This is on the SECOND opening about 1 1/2" behind the first opening. The first opening's metal edges are covered by the plastic end of the boot. The second opening is not covered with anything at all which eventually cuts the wires (unbelievably poor engineering and workmanship...and these are made in my area by fellow Texans! Shame!).

I could probably embarrass GM or a dealership enough to get them to cover most of the fix, but, it's too quick and easy to do it myself (assuming the wires are severed and I don't think they are).

I wonder if this has anything to do with a constant clicking behind my instrument panel.

Thanks for the help Blueseth.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blueseth,

Thanks for the pics.

Yup...I checked my 2007 Tahoe this morning and there is chafing on a red wire (or red & white). There's also evidence of the electricity shorting on the sharp edge of the body opening because it is a little charred. This is on the SECOND opening about 1 1/2" behind the first opening. The first opening's metal edges are covered by the plastic end of the boot. The second opening is not covered with anything at all which eventually cuts the wires (unbelievably poor engineering and workmanship...and these are made in my area by fellow Texans! Shame!).

I could probably embarrass GM or a dealership enough to get them to cover most of the fix, but, it's too quick and easy to do it myself (assuming the wires are severed and I don't think they are).

I wonder if this has anything to do with a constant clicking behind my instrument panel.

Thanks for the help Blueseth.

Hello,

I am deeply sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your Tahoe. We value you as a customer and are here to assist. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
T

TexasFred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I am deeply sorry to learn that you are experiencing an issue with your Tahoe. We value you as a customer and are here to assist. Please let us know if we can assist you with anything.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Thanks for the concern. I'm going to take it to a Chevy dealer and see if I can get Chevy to cover 100% of this. I'm sure the dealership will try to rook me for labor since my 2007 Tahoe is way out of warranty, but, this is absolute negligence on the part of GM to run expensed wires through openings with sharp metal. Can I get some help from you having Chevy cover this?

OP
OP
T

TexasFred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Blueseth,

I'm having trouble getting to the chafed part to wrap it. So far, I've just removed the boot (same one you show in your pics) and tried to fix the issue that way, but, it's too cramped. Did you remove any of the molding or roof interior? I'd try that if I had good instructions to do it. Know of a source for that?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the concern. I'm going to take it to a Chevy dealer and see if I can get Chevy to cover 100% of this. I'm sure the dealership will try to rook me for labor since my 2007 Tahoe is way out of warranty, but, this is absolute negligence on the part of GM to run expensed wires through openings with sharp metal. Can I get some help from you having Chevy cover this?

TexasFred,

I understand that you are upset. I cannot guarantee anything but I do want to look into this for you. Private message me your full name, contact information, VIN, exact mileage, preferred dealership and reference this thread.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
T

TexasFred

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TexasFred,

I understand that you are upset. I cannot guarantee anything but I do want to look into this for you. Private message me your full name, contact information, VIN, exact mileage, preferred dealership and reference this thread.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

I don't think I can private message you because I'm not "qualified" yet per the web site's parameters. Maybe you can private message me...I don't know. I wouldn't mind giving my email address in a post if that doesn't violate any rules. Any suggestions?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I can private message you because I'm not "qualified" yet per the web site's parameters. Maybe you can private message me...I don't know. I wouldn't mind giving my email address in a post if that doesn't violate any rules. Any suggestions?

TexasFred,

I actually got your private message and responded. Thanks for reaching out to us!

Best regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Radio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem on my wife's '07 Escalade. Red and white wire running against the cut out in the body. I retaped the wire and put a piece of fuel line on the edge of the cutout to prevent any further damage. Ten minute fix.

d33a9d8e20c64c21c163f48dfa521cea.jpg3f39e51ac813a7434cda1b25a149b1cb.jpg90946117cd10f5325f19c1e556992248.jpg65271659a74d7b73020e42c7fef876e4.jpgbd880b265cc3f8544898243e0963d5ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan patters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you by chance know what fuse # it is? is this under the hood or is located in the dash board. for some reason i cant find it! I just bought mine the other day and the dealer thought it was a fuse also.

thank you so much! Looking forward to your response!

my rear wiper and window will not release by the way. The pump for fluid works and throws it all over my tail gate.

93civEJ1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im having this same exact issue. I pulled both boots and looked and didnt find any issues with the wires that I could see from my eyes. I may have to look deeper. I thought for sure I was gonna cause a wire issue that was blowing the fuse. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts