Fuel Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamaboy73

Reaction score
I went to start my truck and it would turn over and fire but it would die within a second or too. Its not a fuel pump im getting gas all they way untill the fuel line goes into the carb. it will start if you put gas in the carb. Any help would be appreciated! 1999 2 door tahoe 5.7 v8 350

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a problem with the Passlock system. First try this.

"With the Doors closed, place the key in the lock cylinder and turn to the Run position. Observe the Security indicator lamp. If the lamp is On and does not go Off however, the engine starts. This indicates that the system detected a fault when the engine was running.
When the lamp flashes On and Off. This indicates a problem has been detected by the Passlock system and the engine may not start this key cycle, a current condition."

If this is the case just try a spare key. If that doesnt work, google passlock reset. There is a specific procedure for it.

Big Poppa Pump

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a problem with the Passlock system. First try this.

"With the Doors closed, place the key in the lock cylinder and turn to the Run position. Observe the Security indicator lamp. If the lamp is On and does not go Off however, the engine starts. This indicates that the system detected a fault when the engine was running.
When the lamp flashes On and Off. This indicates a problem has been detected by the Passlock system and the engine may not start this key cycle, a current condition."

If this is the case just try a spare key. If that doesnt work, google passlock reset. There is a specific procedure for it.

That's something I didn't know about. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076