Fuel tank question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I am actually after is the height of the tallest part of the gas tank. Pump went out today. Got underneath and wacked the tank, shocked the pump and at least it got me home. Now I am trying to figure how high I am gonna need the truck. I normally use ramps in front and jack and stands in the rear but without the truck running the ramps are kinda useless.

Any back yard ingenuity would be helpful.

Oh and I'm dealing with a sloped driveway. Yay

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you park backwards and chock the front wheels in order to get enough height? There’s a good bit of ground to tank height already so maybe good jack stands under the axle gets you there?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get 18-24” of clearance under your frame rail, you should be fine. When I replaced the pump on my ‘07, I put jack stands front and back in the drivers side and chocked the wheels on the passenger side and had no issues. I figure if I can get my fat belly under the frame rails with some extra room, the tank can fit as well.

OP
OP
JetBlackNali

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you park backwards and chock the front wheels in order to get enough height? There’s a good bit of ground to tank height already so maybe good jack stands under the axle gets you there?

Hoping this is enough as well. But being on a slope nose down and weighing in around 5500 lbs and being maybe 6 inches off the ground to start with I'm praying a little. Damn lowered truck. Lol.

OP
OP
JetBlackNali

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get 18-24” of clearance under your frame rail, you should be fine. When I replaced the pump on my ‘07, I put jack stands front and back in the drivers side and chocked the wheels on the passenger side and had no issues. I figure if I can get my fat belly under the frame rails with some extra room, the tank can fit as well.

One side up. Hmm. This might work too. And as far as the belly, I hear ya brother. :cheers:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They roll the same backwards and forwards if everything let’s go. I like Wade’s idea but I’d park nose down so if something goes wrong I don’t get run over by the whole truck just pancaked a little. If you have good jack stands and a jack for just in case you’ll be golden.

OP
OP
JetBlackNali

JetBlackNali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well beat the hell out of the tank and she fired again. Just got it on ramps and she died. Got lucky . Just waiting on pump now. Should be here tomorrow. My 3/4 tank was enough to fill wifes car and top up grandma's crv. And leave me with enough to get to gas station.

And yes those are fuel approved containers.:flipthebird:

Thanks for the suggestions.

20190827_113618.jpg 20190827_140420.jpg 20190827_140513.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924