2013 gmc yukon slt. Fuel pump fuse no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougie1290

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so about a month ago I pulled in my driveway shit it off ran inside for about 4 or 5 minutes. Came back out, jumped in my truck and hit the key. All it did was crank and crank. It didn't even try at all to start. Just cranked over. Now I've had my 2010 gmc yukon slt goin on a year and a half now. She's only got 130xxx on the dash and I'm the 3rd owner. Never has it not started or gave me any problem nor was there any signs or symptoms before this happened. So I checked relay. It's good. Fuel pump fuse not blown. So I bought a fuel pump. Put it in and it tried to start the first time but then nothing. I checked fuel psi. It's had about 5 psi. So I go back to the fuses. Now I find that there is no power at either side of the fuel pump fuse. My question is does anybody have any ideas before I have to start chasing wires? There's obviously no power at the pump either. Any ideas please let me know asap. Thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pull the top of the fusebox off and check the connectors underneath for corrosion and/or rodent wire chews. You can test for voltage at that point, too, to find what feeds the fuel pump fuse.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on your year (no vehicle info given) ,
You may not have an active fuel pump fuse.
It it run by the drivers in the ECM/PCM and off relays... NO FUSE

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depending on your year (no vehicle info given) ,
You may not have an active fuel pump fuse.
It it run by the drivers in the ECM/PCM and off relays... NO FUSE

Apparently somewhere hidden in the text it's a 2010 Yukon SLT. I missed that, too, the first time or two through.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check all the fuses, there is a fuse used but it is not marked as fuel pump anymore. I forget which one exactly but it is top right corner area
if you look on the upfitter guide it gives a more explanatory fuse reference that is not shown in the owners manual
some fuses control multiple things even though they are not marked as such.

as already mentioned though if it sat for a year and half, best to clean all the grounds and look under the fuse box and look for any chewed wires.
best to use a flashlight even in daylight.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Hey, welcome, Happy Easter. My 1st thought was the contacts to the fuse block under the hood too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019