Fuel Pump Chk valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got 210K miles on my '04 Tahoe. Truck needs its 4th pump. Pump pressure is fine but after you cut the engine the fuel pressure bleeds off rapidly. What the hell is going on with these AC Delco pump check valves??? I'm getting about 30-75k miles before they let go. Haven't been stranded as the pump keeps pumping, just the weird no start 1st try problem...

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont have a visible or smell able leak. id suspect a injector is stuck open.

check fuel trims, see if one side is richer then the other.

OP
OP
stagrlee

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a good recommended spot to pinch the return fuel line in these trucks and repeat a bleed down test? Last two failures replacing the pump fixed the issue. Injector set has 55k miles on them. I replaced the injectors at 155K miles since I was doing the intake gasket at the time.

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could probably pop the injector rail up faster then remove plugs.

Dry each injector with a rag, place a paper towel under them, energize the pump and see if a wet spot forms.

You can pinch the return line anywhere its rubber. Just make sure its actually rubber and not a foam insulated plastic line.

OP
OP
stagrlee

stagrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I pulled the fuel rail with injectors up and pressurized the system and the freaking thing is now holding pressure. Reassembled and is still holding pressure. Makes me think you guys are right and its a flakey injector as the last two times it was always consistently quick drain to no pressure. This time when its failing, its almost immediate drain to no pressure.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I encountered something sort of similar, but intermittent, with a bad purge solenoid. It would start sometimes, other times you had to crank for a few seconds, then again, then it would catch. That would absolutely set your SES light, though.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM