Fuel Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YuHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have just purchased a 1995 yukon 5.7 2wd. I filled up the gas tank and the fuel gauge only went to halfway and the needle would wave at me while I drove so I called the previous owner and he told me that it needed a tank float (no biggie). I drove the truck like this for a week but when I tried to fill the tank again, it only let me put in about a gallon before the gas pump clicks off. I squeezed the trigger a few more times and gas started spilling out. I removed and checked the filler neck and everything is good so the next thing I am checking is the vent valve located on top of the tank. I dropped my tank and located the vent valve but I dont know how to remove it and I searched the forums but I found nothing for my year truck. I tried twisting it but it will not budge and I dont wanna break it. Also, will it harm my truck if I disconnect the line from the vent valve going to the charcoal canister and drive like this? Now the fuel gauge doesn't wave back and forth and I have to use 2 gallon gas containers to put gas in my car at home. Please help.

gin_road

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check on YouTube video's. There is a video on this subject.
Look for How to install fuel pump chevy tahoe.

OP
OP
Y

YuHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not trying to remove the fuel pump. I am trying to remove the tank vent valve so that video does not help me.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
back up a minute. you drove it for a week and anything more then a gallon overflows? sound like awesome fuel mileage to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aquarianking

Latest posts