Front tires inner tread completely worn out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBlue19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2019 Yukon Denali XL with 22s. Took a look at my tires last night only to notice both fronts inner tread in completely gone. Michelins. Every other tread on the tires is fairly even.

I can't say I remember the last time I looked at them, but to say the least, as a long term car guy I'm shocked. Truck has about 82k on it, tires were new when I purchased at 52k.

Truck has a minor vibration that increased recently that only shows up on certain highway surfaces like concrete and at 70+mph. I was planning on getting it in shortly to get the bearings and tie rods checked out.

Seems very weird for this to only be an alignment issue, but I guess I'll find out once I can get it in the shop.

Already ordered new tires.

Any similar experience?

OP
OP
B

BigBlue19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would replacement of a motor mount require disassembly of anything tthat would affect alignment? I don't remember what side, but I had one replaced last year.

HpinAZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2019 Yukon Denali XL with 22s. Took a look at my tires last night only to notice both fronts inner tread in completely gone. Michelins. Every other tread on the tires is fairly even.

I can't say I remember the last time I looked at them, but to say the least, as a long term car guy I'm shocked. Truck has about 82k on it, tires were new when I purchased at 52k.

Truck has a minor vibration that increased recently that only shows up on certain highway surfaces like concrete and at 70+mph. I was planning on getting it in shortly to get the bearings and tie rods checked out.

Seems very weird for this to only be an alignment issue, but I guess I'll find out once I can get it in the shop.

Already ordered new tires.

Any similar experience?
We are having the same issue on our 2017 Yukon. Are your new tires wearing evenly after an alignment?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
similar experience? nope-never
have I seen inordinate tire wear? yes and normally that is corrected with a alignment and new parts, vehicles require regular maintenance (intervals)
such as tire rotations..... which is recomended to be performed every 5000-7500 miles
30,000 miles for me would be at least 2 years of regular driving and 10 oil changes and at least 5 tire rotations
(even though this is a resurected post)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi101