Front right popping sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outerorbiter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any tips on a popping sound from fro t right suspension. Not sure how long it’s been going on since it’s my wife’s Yukon. The popping occurs sometimes when turning hard left and reversing. To me it sounds like a tire rubbing when oversized. Factory wheels and tire size though. I replaced them sway bar end links last spring and didn’t notice any tire rub. Thanks!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the sound continuous or just s quick pop? Can you list the year and model 2wd 4 or all? If nothing is rubbing the inner fender something is loose or worn out. Are the lug nuts tight? Need a little more info.

OP
OP
O

outerorbiter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the sound continuous or just s quick pop? Can you list the year and model 2wd 4 or all? If nothing is rubbing the inner fender something is loose or worn out. Are the lug nuts tight? Need a little more info.

Quick pop, turn wheel back some and it stops. 2007 Yukon xl 2wd. Lug nuts always torqued to 140 ft/lbs.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this before. Make sure your upper arm adjuster bolts are tight. After an alignment, the tech didn't snug them up enough and they were loose. I heard it most commonly when turning in reverse too.

OP
OP
O

outerorbiter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had this before. Make sure your upper arm adjuster bolts are tight. After an alignment, the tech didn't snug them up enough and they were loose. I heard it most commonly when turning in reverse too.
The bolt/nut on ball joint or the two connections at the frame?

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the upper arms bolt to the frame, that is where the adjusters are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE