Front license plate mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it’s not required by the state, I’d leave it off. Ohio has the requirement up until recently, but I removed mine long before the requirement was lifted. Better looking without it.
Its required by his state that's why he has two plates. States like Mich only get one plate from the DMV.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a silly question and I admit I haven't looked at it too close but here goes:

My daughter just bought a 2017 Yukon XL and when the new license plates came in I put the rear one on - no problem. Went to put the front plate on and there isn't anyway to mount it - no bracket, no screw holes, nothing. What am I missing?
My GF has a Subaru Outback bought it new from the dealer no mounting plate what so ever on the front. plate was screwed on directly into the plastic bumper.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any rear plate only state giving out 2 plates if only the rear is required.
Come try Ohio. I’m certain they would have no need for your second plate in the dmv after you get your rear plate since the law recently went into effect. Before that, adequate stock would require 2 plates. Until current plate stock is deleted, I would only imagine you will continue to get both.

TXZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
###########################################

I have one in my garage that is yours if you want it. just cover the shipping.
Just bought a Tahoe Z71 myself...front plate missing but required. How much is the shipping?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods