Front license plate holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front plate resides under the rear floor mat, lol it's a $35 fix it Ticket here in CA. only the real douchecanoes will write a ticket for it. I got a warning one time in the last 30 yrs, I have however had 3 tickets for the front windows being tinted that's a $280 ticket or pay $160 to remove it and put it back on +$35 fix it fine, easier to just pay the ticket.

I feel for you CA guys with all the rules/laws/regulations. How you allow the local and state politicians to mandate a nanny state on most everything you do is beyond my understanding.

While too dark a tint, such as "limo tint" on a regular vehicle might get you pulled over or a ticket, few dark tints will get the cops attention in FL. Needless to say there are no front plate requirements, or even car inspections to hassle you about custom exhaust or the like.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel for you CA guys with all the rules/laws/regulations. How you allow the local and state politicians to mandate a nanny state on most everything you do is beyond my understanding.

While too dark a tint, such as "limo tint" on a regular vehicle might get you pulled over or a ticket, few dark tints will get the cops attention in FL. Needless to say there are no front plate requirements, or even car inspections to hassle you about custom exhaust or the like.
I honestly do not know where all the crap from this state comes from, certainly isn't me or my immediate family or friends, there are some extended family members that apparently have there head screwed on backwards???? I guess living in Berkeley will do that to you?? I don't know, these people will have a very rude awakening someday, I want to see "all the love" when the literal shit hits the fan.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly do not know where all the crap from this state comes from, certainly isn't me or my immediate family or friends, there are some extended family members that apparently have there head screwed on backwards???? I guess living in Berkeley will do that to you?? I don't know, these people will have a very rude awakening someday, I want to see "all the love" when the literal shit hits the fan.

I have friends and family that live in LA and Luguna and they are all moderate to conservative politically. They don't know people who are liberals, as none of their friends/coworkers agree with all the nanny state nonsense. So it is a big mystery how these cradle to grave politicians get elected on a state or national level in their state.
A friend has a Z06 and refuses to have a front plate as it looks horrible. He thinks the majority of people in CA would vote it down, but are too apathetic or doped up to get it on the ballot. Yet somehow CA has more "initiatives" to vote on every election cycle than any 5 states combined. So few know how or why it is happening, and they live in CA like you do.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my front plate resides under the rear floor mat, lol it's a $35 fix it Ticket here in CA. only the real douchecanoes will write a ticket for it. I got a warning one time in the last 30 yrs, I have however had 3 tickets for the front windows being tinted that's a $280 ticket or pay $160 to remove it and put it back on +$35 fix it fine, easier to just pay the ticket.
In Washington DC, the parking enforcement officers (meter maids) will write tickets on out of state vehicles for no front license plate or lack of state safety inspection even if you are otherwise legally parked. Great for tourism.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Washington DC, the parking enforcement officers (meter maids) will write tickets on out of state vehicles for no front license plate or lack of state safety inspection even if you are otherwise legally parked. Great for tourism.

How does that hold up in court if the cars from neighboring states do not require such things?
Heck CA could go hog wild by nailing anyone without a dozen emissions requirements on out of state cars, much less a front plate.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that hold up in court if the cars from neighboring states do not require such things?
Heck CA could go hog wild by nailing anyone without a dozen emissions requirements on out of state cars, much less a front plate.
They know that Maryland and Virginia require two plates and that Virginia has state safety inspection. It will be interesting to see how many of those attendants know that Virginia has moved its inspection sticker from the center of the windshield to the left corner like most other state.

The four closest states with one plate are West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Yukon came with the hideous front license plate mount as well- Living in California. One of the first things I did was remove. There were two small self tapping sheet metal screws that held it in place. I painted them flat black (which matches the color of the painted plastic inset) put them back in and it looks fine. Small screws or plugs will solve that issue. It looks fine.

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible to receive a parking ticket for no front license plate here in California (Receiving 2 in the last 18 years myself), but as one of my personalized plates were stolen years ago, and I reported, I have found that when making a stink for getting a parking ticket on a legally parked vehicle (The excuses I have been given were "red light cameras use the front plate to issue cites", which is total BS) that paying a 18 to 25 dollar fine solved the problem. The second time required my appealing to city employees (parking tickets are "civil" in California, have been for many years) when that didn't work, I took it to traffic court and won as well. It's ridiculous, but it is the law... silly as it may be. I have never had an issue from a traffic stop from a Police Officer about the front plate, of course attitude and such bears a bit on that as well. I keep the stolen plate report in the vehicle with the registration, and it's been fine- FWIW

dmad1

Reaction score
Take a close look to see how it is mounted. My Vette used tape to hold it on. I hated to put it on but new Tx. law says front and back. I usually wash it by hand but was in a hurry a couple of months back and ran it through a car was with the spinning brushes, etc. At one point, it picked up the left rear wheel and hung up on their equipment about half way through and then ripped the license plate and bracket off. I have not put it back on and expect to get pulled over every time I venture out. I did have one local policeman tell me they don't pay much attention on sports cars for the reason you mentioned. We recent bought a '17 Tahoe LT and it does not have a bracket on the front of it. Going to leave it off until they start stopping me for it. One of my sons does not have one on his SS Blazer and they have never bothered him.

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ask a question, and please don't hate me for it...

I've got an '11 LTZ Suburban and it has a recess in the bumper for the front plate. Does anyone know of a bracket that brings the opening up to flush with the rest of the front bumper? I like to run European front plates, and I can't mount one with this recess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972