Front license plate holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you in states where they have the unnecessary money grab mandating a front licence plate, we in Florida do not have such a big brother requirement. Needless to say other than what I mentioned, they look hideous on certain vehicles, such as Corvettes, thus some drivers in CA and the like flaunt the law rather than make the front look like rubbish.
But I digress.

My Escalade came from one of the aforementioned states that have the onerous requirement, and I'd like to take the ugly thing off. However I am wondering what our painted bumpers will look like when I do. If there are 2-4 holes, that is going to look almost as bad as having the box on the front.
So has anyone freed from having one, have any recommendations as to how to make it look semi-normal again after removal of the plate holder?

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there were 2 holes when I moved mine around during the tow hook install. I don't have a good solution but I did have 2 options I was thinking about.

Drill the holes to a standard size and maybe use a plug or "button" type fitting that you paint to match. The covers probably wouldn't look much different than cars with sensors on the front bumper.

Could also have your local body shop fill them and paint.

I guess 3rd option could be to just order a new bumper cover and replace it. I don't think the last 2 would be very cheap but you may have more money than me. ;-)

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or wire up some led bolt lights mounted in the holes...

CMil527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just removed mine off my new Yukon, it was 2 screws and I ordered up some flat black bumper plugs for them. Hit the holes with the drill and popped em in. Easy peasy and looks much cleaner.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ricer look

One person's ricer is another person's whole grain...

I was just throwing it out there. You know, add a third light in the middle and you have clearance lights.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my front plate resides under the rear floor mat, lol it's a $35 fix it Ticket here in CA. only the real douchecanoes will write a ticket for it. I got a warning one time in the last 30 yrs, I have however had 3 tickets for the front windows being tinted that's a $280 ticket or pay $160 to remove it and put it back on +$35 fix it fine, easier to just pay the ticket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts