front left wheel clicks when turned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papaman

Reaction score
so... when the steering wheel is turned all the way to the right, i get a very loud clicking noise from the front left wheel, and it only happens under these conditions.

i think it might be the bearing, but before i drop $180 on a hub, i was wondering if anyone has encountered this before and could share their lessons learned?

fwiw - 127k miles on the clock, and it's 2wd.

thanks in advance!

davidzog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it is on the left side on a right turn, it is most probably the axle CV joint. On a right turn it throws all the weight/force on the left side axle....oh, wait, I just noticed it is a 2wd...guh

Most probably the bearing for the same reason....all the weight on the left front.

OP
OP
papaman

papaman

Reaction score
in case anyone stumbles upon this post in a future search, looks like the root cause was the wheel hub/bearing.

i bought ac delco part# fw345 off of rock auto (don't forget to grab their discount code from the supporting vendors section since it's $180).

i changed it over my lunch break - it only took 45 minutes start to finish with basic hand tools. clicking on hard right turns is now gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins