Front end suspension/steering replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Its time at 240k to replace the factory control arms/ball joints, sway bar bushing/links, tie rods, pitman arm, idler arms, idler arm bracket. Question is between the two premium lines: Moog Problem solver/HD or AC Delco Professional. Anyone who has replaced these parts have a preference? I have not been impressed with Moog Problem solver lately, tie rods and idler arm wore out 15k miles in my Grand Marquis.

Im leaning toward the Moog Problem solver front end kit on RockAuto for $588 https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5647077&cc=1415551&jsn=8830 and then buy the AC Delco Professional ilder arm&bracket, pitman arm and Sway bar bushings/endlinks.

What do you guys think?

Shocks are already new since last year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After researching reviews of both on Amazon. Moog reviews were much better. Hmmmmm.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There are reported fitment issues with one or two of the moog parts. Idler and pitman, I think.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered moog problem solver LCAs and sway bar end links. The prices were significantly lower on Amazon vs rockauto (About 110 vs 170) and they were the same part number. I haven' installed them yet but they look pretty heavy duty. Keep in mind I have not seen in person the a.c. Delco parts.

In total next week I'll be installing the LCAs timken wheel hubs and the tbss 2-3/4 drop kit

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered moog problem solver LCAs and sway bar end links. The prices were significantly lower on Amazon vs rockauto (About 110 vs 170) and they were the same part number. I haven' installed them yet but they look pretty heavy duty. Keep in mind I have not seen in person the a.c. Delco parts.

In total next week I'll be installing the LCAs timken wheel hubs and the tbss 2-3/4 drop kit

Thanks for the input. Be sure to post your work!

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully your work is going well Bombsquad85 from Northern VA. I can't even get my upper arms off or i'd hopefully have some photos of the rest of what you're attempting. All the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep