Front end suspension/steering replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I have posted here several times, I did the ebay urethane 15 piece kit with moog rear springs and Bilstein 5100's (1-3" lift) all around with a 1" crank on the bars and I love it. Tight on the highway, firm but comfortable on the road and looks like a 3/4 ton stance. All of my parts added up to less than your moog kit...

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I have posted here several times, I did the ebay urethane 15 piece kit with moog rear springs and Bilstein 5100's (1-3" lift) all around with a 1" crank on the bars and I love it. Tight on the highway, firm but comfortable on the road and looks like a 3/4 ton stance. All of my parts added up to less than your moog kit...
What size tires?

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. The uppers will wait, eh?

Yes I dropped the ball on that... However I'll do then when I have to do tierods. No sense in doing those then doing the tierods again later. I would have loved to do the uppers and tierods now but that would have been an extra $300 that I didn' want to fork over right now

sunrisor

Reaction score
last year on my '03 XL I used Moog problem solver parts (upper/lower arms, tierods, end links, idler pitman). Pitman arm didn't fit. Had to use Cardone.

Anyone have suggestions on steering box replacements?

OP
OP
Merc1973

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I just bought all ACDelco Professional parts, only Moog item was the swaybar endlinks. Not cheap, but im sure at about 245k the original suspension/steering is toast. Even got new caster/camber adjustment bolts/guides. Im thinking of getting the Dorman steering shaft and bushing since my steering wheel rattles and makes noises over bumps.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Update: I just bought all ACDelco Professional parts, only Moog item was the swaybar endlinks. Not cheap, but im sure at about 245k the original suspension/steering is toast. Even got new caster/camber adjustment bolts/guides. Im thinking of getting the Dorman steering shaft and bushing since my steering wheel rattles and makes noises over bumps.

Beware of many negative reports regarding the dorman bearing. Not sure about the shaft itself.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of the steering shaft as well. What did you go with for caster/camber adjustment bolts/guides?? Did you have to modify/route them at all for the alignment?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907