Front Differential Carrier Bushings in Brackets Worn Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While changing my oil yesterday I noticed Front Differential Carrier Bushings in Brackets Worn Out. This explains some of my clunking noise.
Should I just replace the bushings in the existing brackets? or the whole enchilada?
Are there a total of 4 or 8 bushings for the 2 brackets?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While changing my oil yesterday I noticed Front Differential Carrier Bushings in Brackets Worn Out. This explains some of my clunking noise.
Should I just replace the bushings in the existing brackets? or the whole enchilada?
I would go with whole new brackets as along with bushings, they have been known to crack due to fatigue. Rock Auto has GM brackets for $60-$70 each.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen just the bushings, each side runs about a Benjamin.

User_Name

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a 2008 police tahoe, ltz, 180k miles. I hear a clunk/hard click when I am coming to a stop. It does it maybe 5 out of every 10 stops. Seems to come from right under the front driver side. Sometimes it does it when I go from P to R or D. Other than that noise, the tranny shifts fine. Is this similar to the noise you were hearing? I did look, and the sway bar bushings were taken out, after reading into it, I believe it was intentional, for better performance of 4wd. Could this have possibly caused my cv joints to break? Maybe thas what I could be hearing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10