Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Recon35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2011 Tahoe

I own a 2011 Tahoe and just found a giant crack with full separation of the dash in front of the steering wheel just like everyone else on these forums and on the youtube videos. I only have 48900 miles. It appears this is a well known issue. I called my local dealership and the service department said it was probably not covered!!!!! How is this well known issue not a recall? Are they trying to put one over me or is this really not covered? I have always taken really good care of my interior and to have this happen is not acceptable. Any suggestions on how to get this covered?

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha and and and they think people well buy there new look and they well drip over it!

Sorry this generation is or was your last chance to say "we care we fixed! "

Now I well never ever buy any new GM vehicle!

Man I visit the shops more than my doctor!!

Not everyone enjoyed this!

Oh yah and when I see GM truck customers running and visiting all spare parts shops asking for a part hahahaha man I think of them as homeless people!!

GM.. I don't know who runs you, but for sure he is to busy to run the business :D

If I would be asked to deliver one model! Only one! Yes I can make the flagship SUV cheep and Every one want it!!

I do feel sorry for this company.. failure after another (in my opinion)

Wow so busy..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Sorry but what amazed me so far is that I had one small truck called Ford Ranger!

It lasted 13 years and yes I abused it as humanly possible and it was running great I sold it because I don't want it any more!!

This is Ford (family business) not GM (lets share the blame - actually it seems more like "I well blame you you blame him.. we survived this one!"

And you have the face to increase the prices haha haha haha haha haha wow just wow

Really? The Chinese dragon is on the way remember that at least

Last edited:

vickers1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM definitely knows about the problems and has redesigned the dashes. If you get yours replaced, insist on the redesigned reinforced ones or you'll be in the same boat later.

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpg
    IMG_2702.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cracks on my 08 Yukon are growing and now starting to rattle. Has anyone taken on the task of replacing it on your own? I wonder how much time is required to accomplish that task.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM definitely knows about the problems and has redesigned the dashes. If you get yours replaced, insist on the redesigned reinforced ones or you'll be in the same boat later.

Have you replaced this yourself?

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is not new! GM have this problem for around 16 years? Or maybe even more!!

For me GM is a lost call when it comes to new truck!

I don't feel the support!

How about you buy the Denali 2013 side step motor half price compared to the metal part which holds the side step!!! Electric part with sensors cheaper than few parts of metal only!!!

I have seen my good share, please don't think I am saying this out hate! No I am saying this because I am sick of the all new truck which end up with the same problems!
Not all dealer can or well get you the updated parts!!

If so .. don't you think GM should support all cracked dashs from 91?

A big manufacturer wants to make profits.. I do understand! But give something equal to how big you are not less!

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just called my local dealer and was quoted a price of $216.30 for a new upper dash panel. I would hope it is the reinforced model, but will have to wait and see it up close. Now I need to find a tutorial on removing the old one. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ericbath

Latest posts