Front bumper replacement primed only.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CooperAK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2010 4WD W/O offroad Tahoe. She is red jewel (I think that's the VIN color, its the popular burgundy color). This is an Alaskan SUV, she is scratched up and used well, I take her on some narly roads. She is not in perfect condition.... I had some front bumper damage a couple years ago, I pocketed the insurance check as it didnt actually cover a replacement. I fixed it myself (thanks youtube) and painted it. It looks like crap now as everyone told me it would if I tried to prime/paint myself but my cracks are still sealed! Then my friend ran into the bumper with her snowmachine and now there's a new hole in it. Why do they make them out of plastic?
MY QUESTION IS: Will my red Tahoe look ridiculous with a primed (black or dark grey, company can't exactly confirm color) replacement bumper that I dont get painted? Its way less than the painted front bumper. I dont have an auto body shop here that can paint a primed bumper anyways.
My husband says it'll look like crap. $200 primed vs $700 painted: Do I care if the bumper doesnt match tahoe body color? Thanks for your input internet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny