Front Brake Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
I am looking at getting soem brake rotors off of eBay that seem to be good but are at a reasonable price and they come with the Ceramic pads.

Th rotors are drilled and slotted and seem to be nice but want to see if anyone else has experienced or used brakes from eBay sellers, here is a sample link of what I am looking at getting....Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRON...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Personally, I do not purchase any brake components on ebay...especially from no-name manufacturers. With how critical and inexpensive good quality kits are (compared to the cost of these rides), I would always go with a tried and true manufacturer.

Also, do not get drilled rotors. For our application, that will serve little to no benefit and you run the risk of cracking them (cracks can form where the disc is drilled).

Also, I would ditch "ceramic" pads. Ceramic pads are great when they are hot, but for driving most people do with rigs as big as ours (highway, around town), the pads are not going to be hot enough on a regular basis for where they best operate.

Without going really expensive (i.e. Brembo, Wildwood, etc), people on this site are big fans of Hawk Pads (LTS or Super Duty) and PowerSlot Slotted Rotors...I also run this setup.

But there are a few good manufacturers out there (i.e. EBC makes great pads) that you should also look into as well...a lot of guys are running different setups on this site with great success, search around!

Last edited:
OP
OP

07 Tahoe

Reaction score
Thanks, it only makes sense. I will look into getting some Hawk or EBC pads and maybe some R1 concept slotted rotors. Only reason I want ceramic is the low dust and noise. Want to keep the 24's clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01