FrankenBetty- The 95 2 door Tahoe Junkyard build thread- Long and pic heavy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new mirrors yesterday. Damn!!! They are gorgeous. And the foam for insulating and mounting is super thick. They even came in nice dust bags! I have to return the Q-Logic kick panels. They won't work with my MB Quart speakers. But I found a step up ring that will allow me to mount them in the door panels. I'm going to be like @Squirrelsmith and heaping on that Dynamat. It has been raining for days here so no new work on FrankenBetty but hopefully this weekend the dash gets finished. We need to clear up space in the garage. My kid just ordered all of his rearend stuff for his C10 so it looks like a Summit storefront in there!
Speaking of dynamat i recently discovered that our doors are completely searvicable, thats to say the sheet metal that the speaker is mounted in totally unblots from the rest of the door. Talk about convenient!!!

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
So the dash is mostly in after fighting my husband tooth and nail. Fired up the FrankenBetty for the first time in weeks and the damn key got stuck in the ignition. Got the steering wheel surround apart and a new lock cylinder to be picked up tonight. Well that is everything in the column being replaced LOL. Oh the a/c blows out of the correct vents!!!! It is awesome!!!!

An indication of how gross the carpet and interior were in my truck

Resized_20200304_172405.jpeg Resized_20200304_172415.jpeg Resized_20200304_172420.jpeg

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Well it seems as if the linkage got wonky when Tim pulled the steering column. Really need to fix that gearshift selector and replace it, you can tell someone just constantly ripped on it and dropped it down in first. It's loose as hell. I swear, just when I think, yeah, this truck is gonna be sweet, this crap happens. Good thing I can't get it in neutral to roll it in the street and light it on fire

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link for the mirrors doesn't work but if you copy and past the item ID number into the search bar in ebay, they come up. The mirrors look good. Hopefully the glass doesn't move around too much. Let us know what you think about them once you get yourself and your truck all fixed up. Good lucks!

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The link for the mirrors doesn't work but if you copy and past the item ID number into the search bar in ebay, they come up. The mirrors look good. Hopefully the glass doesn't move around too much. Let us know what you think about them once you get yourself and your truck all fixed up. Good lucks!
+1 on this! Looking for mirrors that work at 80mph!!

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
You go 80??? LOL. Well figured out the lock cylinder/gear selector issue. The steering column shift mechanism broke in the inside. $130 later, we are in business! I also got to drive her 3/10 of a mile, around the block. The air blows where it should, the lock cylinder is super tight. I finally have good news on my back, surgery on Tuesday, recovery of 2 weeks and then I'm back in business. Got to get Tim cracking on the rest of the upgrades LOL. Thanks for the well wishes fellas

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Is that a petrified french fry down there? LOL Keep at it, once you replace everything the earlier repairs will need doing again and by that point it will be easy peasy!

No clue but new carpet is going in. It is likely Tennessee red clay like everything else in that damn truck!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14