Fox coilovers with xineering magnaride delete kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just did this exact thing. Fox coil overs,3/4 (didn’t delete auto leveling like I did in the front) xingeering mrc delete and used airlift bladder bags(60769) in the stock shocks and plumbed them to factory compressor. I added 1” spacers out back so I extended my auto leveling links using 10-24 machine thread, I got 4” and cut them down to what I remember to be 3/8” over factory length. I ran the supplied 1/4” air Hose from the Bags to the compressor. Here’s a pic of the abomination of adapters. After deliberation and a few other attempts, this is the best option I came up with. I replaced the factory T and used the factory line to the driver air shock (I figured that might be the cheapest to replace if I ever wanted to reverse this). Attached my adapter thing directly to the compressor. Turned it on, compressor kicked on, and kicked off pretty soon after. Not sure if it will level out correctly. Need to put weight on to test it and possibly adjust link length.

I will try to do a better write up once I get some more time, but feel free to ask any questions, hopefully I can help.

I’m getting new tires this week. 305/45/r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2.

View attachment 240281 View attachment 240282

Heck yea, cant wait to see what you come up with!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Akinshake

Saw the posting and pics of your Yukon on the "Show Off Your 2015+"
Looking great!!!
I myself am keen to the blackout with off-road utility.
Have you thought about changing the front air damn? Going with the PPV model? That would give you a little more front-end clearance. Looks a bit more intimidating IMO.
I converted my LTZ to the z71 front fascia and honestly saw 0 change in MPG.

Truck looks great, enjoy the rest of winter and safe trails!
Keep us posted on those Fox 2.0s on the MRC. Mine are riding great still with just over 10k miles so far...no MRC circuit issues either.

Akinshake

Reaction score
@Akinshake

Saw the posting and pics of your Yukon on the "Show Off Your 2015+"
Looking great!!!
I myself am keen to the blackout with off-road utility.
Have you thought about changing the front air damn? Going with the PPV model? That would give you a little more front-end clearance. Looks a bit more intimidating IMO.
I converted my LTZ to the z71 front fascia and honestly saw 0 change in MPG.

Truck looks great, enjoy the rest of winter and safe trails!
Keep us posted on those Fox 2.0s on the MRC. Mine are riding great still with just over 10k miles so far...no MRC circuit issues either.

Thanks! I’m pretty excited about it. I’m going to actually paint the wheels gloss black here soon. The plastidip started peeling off a little with the tire install.

well.... I hadn’t thought about it...until now. Where did you get yours, because now I have to check it out.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="The plastidip started peeling off a little with the tire install.

well.... I hadn’t thought about it...until now. Where did you get yours, because now I have to check it out.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on the plasti-dip. I tried it on my running boards and only lasted about 5 months. It only took 5 snow storms here in Maine before pieces started to fleck off. It still looks fine, but if you pay attention...

As for the front air deflector; I went with the z71 front fascia FULL front bumper switch. That provides the most clearance, which was one of my goals for roads I get onto here in the Maine woods. That was major $$'s - for that I should have just gone with a 4" lift kit and been done with it all.
Lessons learned.
I also discovered the PPV front air deflector (here on the TYForum) after I made the front end changes. The PPV part still looks nice but is about half the height of your existing OE Air deflector. I'm sorry, but I don't have the GM OE Part # and I'm not 100% sure about the part fitting both Tahoe and Yukon. Usually that's the case, but there are exceptions.
Thoughts?
Anyone have that PPV Air Damn part #? I know it's come up in the forum in different places.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 denali has a locked rear air shock and bad front ride sensor, rides like crap currently. Replaced front driver side air shock about a year ago as well with oem. About to pull the trigger on the ($1100 fox 2.0 set front and rear) and get rid of the magneride system. Not looking for ride height increase and do not go off road. Just looking to improve ride quality and keep stock height. Daily driver. Is this currently the best option as far as value and quality for the money?

Thanks

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 denali has a locked rear air shock and bad front ride sensor, rides like crap currently. Replaced front driver side air shock about a year ago as well with oem. About to pull the trigger on the ($1100 fox 2.0 set front and rear) and get rid of the magneride system. Not looking for ride height increase and do not go off road. Just looking to improve ride quality and keep stock height. Daily driver. Is this currently the best option as far as value and quality for the money?

Thanks

I actually read a member's post that stated he simply "unplugged" the magnaride and let the OE shocks go passive. I'm guessing without the MRC delete circuits he was getting a service message. However, he stated the ride was incredibly improved over the MRC control. He had purchased Fox shocks but was considering not even putting those on...
I think the thread was "More magnaride delete questions"...

OP
OP
olyelr

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks

I put the fox units on my wifes denali. I do believe they are a quality setup. However, to be completely honest I do not think they ride much better than a functioning set of factory mrc coilovers. They felt a lot better when I originally put them in, but I was comparing them to the ride quality of a locked up factory unit (drove like that for several thousand miles) so of course they handled a lot better in immediate comparison. Now that they have been in there a while, I am honestly not sure if they ride all that much better than the factory setup.

I actually read a member's post that stated he simply "unplugged" the magnaride and let the OE shocks go passive. I'm guessing without the MRC delete circuits he was getting a service message. However, he stated the ride was incredibly improved over the MRC control. He had purchased Fox shocks but was considering not even putting those on...
I think the thread was "More magnaride delete questions"...

Yep, I remember reading this as well.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the fox units on my wifes denali. I do believe they are a quality setup. However, to be completely honest I do not think they ride much better than a functioning set of factory mrc coilovers. They felt a lot better when I originally put them in, but I was comparing them to the ride quality of a locked up factory unit (drove like that for several thousand miles) so of course they handled a lot better in immediate comparison. Now that they have been in there a while, I am honestly not sure if they ride all that much better than the factory setup.

Yep, I remember reading this as well.

Thanks, I'm not looking for better than MRC, I'm just looking for a good replacement that wont break the bank while still riding smooth. Are there any other brands I should consider that maybe ride better than Fox?

I saw strutmasters.com has a complete set for our cars for $700 but I couldnt find anyone running this setup and I read too many negative reviews from other owners that worry me so I dont think I will go with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne