Fox coilovers with xineering magnaride delete kit

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by olyelr, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Member

Name:
    Payton
    Love the ride but not for giving up all my
    Ride height and lift haha

00729078-CAA4-42BE-A1A8-129DC34816A1.jpeg

2. Fifty

Fifty Full Access Member

Name:
    Charles
    Too late now, but you can order the fox and Kings In custom heights for the same travel.
    As well as “extended travel” versions. Which is usually 1 or 1.5 inches more travel. So an 8 would be a shimmed 10 etc... or an 8 would have a longer eyelet if you needed the same travel.

3. olyelr

olyelr Full Access Member

Name:
    Brandon
    All the different numbers and different setups/spacers/lifts etc and I am kinda lost as to what you have going on.

But, these shocks apparently are adjustable from right around stock height to 2.5-3” over stock. So maybe you need to have them adjusted? Where are the preload nuts set at on the shock right now?

And I am not really sure how you would have lost height in the rear, unless the factory air shocks were not deflating and kept you up a little bit... the ride height when using a normal shock is set solely by the coil springs. Nothing to do with the shock. So if you didnt change the coils, it should be the same height.

And as far as the overall height, I personally think it looks better now than it did before! Nice rig!

Kpwweb likes this.
  4. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Member

Name:
    Payton
    I’ll have to grab a pic tomorrow of the preload. Basically all things were kept the same and I changed out to Fox Coilovers up front and fox 2.0 in rear and LOST height. I don’t mind the 40” measurement in the rear now (the 33” tire look better in the fenders) but I want that front to bump up level to the rear. I Actually had the front tires rub yesterday and that has never happened. Not with the maxtrac 3” leveling kit, and certainly not with the 4” Fabtech kit. I’ve got $4500 (4” Fabtech & Coilovers and rear 2.0 & suspension light delete) invested now and my ride height is worse than when I had a $200 leveling kit haha. Surely the fronts can be adjusted up.

5. olyelr

Name:
    Brandon
    What did the 4” fabtech kit originally consist of up front? New struts, or stock units with spacers? I dont see a 4” kit from them, just a 3” and 6”.

All I know is i got roughly 3” of added height with swapping the stock struts to these (leaving them at where they came preset). So it sounds to me like you just need to crank up the preload ring a bit.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  6. Nokturnal

Nokturnal Member

Name:
    Payton
    Pic of the threads and where it’s at. I wouldn’t think they adjusted it down but does it look like I have plenty of room for adjustment up?!

439F10FA-5B3F-47A5-A41D-772BD13DF327.jpeg DDDEF79B-ED22-460D-B84C-C25572E412C5.jpeg

7. olyelr

Name:
    Brandon

I just checked mine out for comparison. From the bottom of the nut to the bottom of the threads is roughly 2.5”. That gained me roughly 2.5-3” in height (i need to measure a stock one dangit).

What does yours measure?

C0658E0F-0955-4453-B590-70B75A543584.jpeg