Found the limits of my 4WD Denali with all season tires in snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I despise the ACC. I wish you could turn that shit off like I can on my wifes car. Mine slams on the brakes when going around a curve, if a car is in the opposite lane. Mine also kicks down like I'm passing someone when the slower car moves over
Yeah, you’re right. Driving home from laura, in the middle of the night it was fine, when theres no traffic its fine..

Reaction score
All Season Radials are NOT truly ALL SEASON.

Unfortunately, most people fall for this ‘ALL SEASON’ misnomer.

All seasons do not perform (grip) well in cold temps ( rubber does not stay soft at low temps). Besides staying pliable in cold temps, real winter tires have extra sipes to aid in grip.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Season Radials are NOT truly ALL SEASON.

Unfortunately, most people fall for this ‘ALL SEASON’ misnomer.

All seasons do not perform (grip) well in cold temps ( rubber does not stay soft at low temps). Besides staying pliable in cold temps, real winter tires have extra sipes to aid in grip.

Maybe they should say, All Southern Seasons!??!

Garandman

Reaction score
The O’Neil Rally School has a winter driving course. They require Severe Snow rated (Mountain/Snowflake icon) to take the class.

They refer to A/S as “No Seasons” or “No Reasons.”

We have Nokian Hakka R2’s on 18” rims. We also bought chains for the rears.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s an insane amount of snow lol.

My OEM all seasons (continentals) were absolute garbage in the snow. Blizzaks do the trick but road feel is still really low so I just take it slow.
we have probably got another 5-6' on top of that since then and more coming, right now at Donner there is at least 145" or much more

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
That second picture is AWESOME, wish I lived out there to ride that snow on my Shaggy Ahmeeks (fat body skis). I have never owned chains (this is my first 4wd vehicle) but when I got my Tahoe, the first winter was a blast. Couple times we got hit with 14" of snow in Detroit proper, I was plowing through any and everything. Started fine on a morning when it was -23*, and this winter has been a lot more about ICE than snow here outside of Detroit. The ICE is the one downfall of a big, heavy truck.....you just have to drive slow cause inertia is a ***** lol.

For standard ALL SEASON tires, I've been told by tire people that it actually is better to leave the tires fully inflated, rather than the old trick of dropping 5lb of PSI out of the tires. That way their is no catch of damaging the tire, plus the much lower gas mileage.

Either way, I have been PLEASANTLY excited and surprised at the capability of these big trucks!! I have yet to get it stuck.

Reaction score
The O’Neil Rally School has a winter driving course. They require Severe Snow rated (Mountain/Snowflake icon) to take the class.

They refer to A/S as “No Seasons” or “No Reasons.”

We have Nokian Hakka R2’s on 18” rims. We also bought chains for the rears.

'Severe Snow rated'? that's cute, here in the upper midwest, we just call them winter tires :sunot:

unfortunately, most nitwits around here still think all season's will do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645