Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Had to double park to pick up some pizza for the kids and their friends tonight.

Turned on my hazards (I cannot remember the last time I actually had them on), but had never really taken notice of how they looked.

I stopped and took a quick video.

Looking like a good sequential/switchback style pattern. Like it. Too bad only in that function.

Cool. One case where I'd prefer amber, though. Think there's a way? @kbuskill @05Single

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
78000 miles

Thx to @NeverSatisfied for reminding me about mileage.

Not monumental, but compratively speaking yes. And only about 13k since I took ownership in 2013.

I had been driving it since 2009 off and on for work from a previous employer.

A lot happened since 2013 for sure.
View attachment 214328

Making us all sick. Read : jealous. Lol

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Cool. One case where I'd prefer amber, though. Think there's a way? @kbuskill @05Single
I'm not sure . I dont understand why they're not amber to begin with. @Fosscore left and right turn signal are amber and hazards white? Or everything has always been white ?

Edit: went all the way back to page 6 when you bought these lights. Wow what throwback lol. Anyway no mention of amber illumination. Just pics of white leds

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they all all white. There is no amber. When I bought them it was to have clear corners.

I basically ordered a
non-amber set on purpose. So I know technically illegal and not able to be modded to accommodate a switchback LED.

Well not within my skill set. In that case I would just order a new housing.

These have just looked so clean.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn talk about low mileage! I thought my silverado was low but you got me beat on that one!

Also ew amber lol. Thankfully FL we don't have to worry about that. All my vehicles (and family) all have white turns up front and no amber in the lens.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to address these ugly lug nuts.

Too many hits on the shop guns for tires, rotations and when it got lowered.

Stripped the chrome right off the edges and of course rust.

Was hoping to just polish them out but going to have to get new ones as the raw metal is exposed and that won’t survive long here.

They are 14x1.5mm lugs. 19mm or 3/4 on the lug wrench.

Got a new 3 ton jack and stands at Harbor Freight since they were on sale plus 20% coupon. The jacks are excluded from the coupon, but it was marked down anyways.

Lifted the Tahoe up with ease.

Decided to pull the passenger rear wheel to start as it was all I had time today to fit in. Gave the inside of the wheel a good wipe down and hit the lug holes and inside with some Meguiars Ultimate Compound to clean it up some more. Not too dirty as I wash in there each time.

Took it a step further and touched up some of the frame, rotor hats, bolt heads and calipers with fresh paint.

Matte black and aluminum.

Looks pretty damn clean. I cleaned up the suspension zerks and plan to give them some lube next time I am under there as I forgot the gun at work.

And polished out the exhaust tip and panhard bar as well just because. Lol

43FF34E5-F004-4101-8C67-658805F3EFB1.jpeg B315AD83-D6E7-44F5-A273-DC2D3751D183.jpeg 367180E3-124E-41C8-9DA5-BAD71E2BE134.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo