Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the company that I posted a link to will add a transmission gauge to your cluster now for $99, if thats something your interested in.

Could be a good option too. Touch wood that the cluster is working as it should, with only some dust inside, but that's to be expected after 11 years. Thx for the info.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front passenger overhead grab handle. Dum dum here accidentally painted it when I replaced the headliner and put a fresh coat of darker grey on the other headliner pieces at the time. Spray paint and rubber handles don't go together. More like fly sticky paper now.

When we took a family weekend short road trip last weekend, the wife reminded me of how sticky it was. I had already grabbed one from the junkyard months ago, but never got around to installing it. I cleaned it up, pulled the trim and visor apart and am back in business with a normal feeling grab handle.

The little things...

Last edited:

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
They clean the cluster up for you too mine came back spit shined lol. And any pics of the new grab handle?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@kwOH

Here are 4 pics for you. Not 100% happy with the handle as it is not pewter, but the slate or tan color. Was hard to tell from whatever truck I pulled it from must have been really dirty. Having said that, it is clean, not sticky for the wife and better than before. Not OCD passable,, but it will do for the time being until I can find another one at the junkyard. Better than the sticky one I had in there for too long, but since I never ride in the passenger side it was not high on my fix list....lol Looking at it further, it is not too bad, but definitely lighter than my B pillar and sticks out against the darker headliner.

Junkyard dirty.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Magic Eraser clean.
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

dum dum spray painted the handle to match the darker grey headliner and other painted plastic parts, but it got really sticky.
IMG_1983.JPG

Cleaned and installed.
IMG_1982.JPG

Last edited:

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
@kwOH

Here are 4 pics for you. Not 100% happy with the handle as it is not pewter, but the slate or tan color. Was hard to tell from whatever truck I pulled it from must have been really dirty. Having said that, it is clean, not sticky for the wife and better than before. Not OCD passable,, but it will do for the time being until I can find another one at the junkyard. Better than the sticky one I had in there for too long, but since I never ride in the passenger side it was not high on my fix list....lol Looking at it further, it is not too bad, but definitely lighter than my B pillar and sticks out against the darker headliner.

Junkyard dirty.
View attachment 74046

Magic Eraser clean.
View attachment 74047

dum dum painted and sticky to match the headliner and other plastic overhead parts.
View attachment 74048

Cleaned and installed.
View attachment 74049
New one looks super clean especially on that clean headliner.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. It is not too bad, just different. Again one thing that no one would every notice or pay attention to other than here where we point out the finest of details. I showed the wife so she would know for the next time she rides shotgun that I fixed it. lol

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apply it directly to what you are coating or if around other areas you do not want to coat, then directly to the your microfiber, let it sit for a short bit then just wipe over it to spread and remove any excess.

I actually use it on the wheel well liners too, especially the NNBS as the OEM gaps are so huge. I spray it all over, let it soak in and either wipe over to get the areas that I missed during the application or I just leave it alone. Leaves a great shine/sheen without being super glossy.

You really cannot go wrong with that stuff IMHO. @jerryjoe28

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
Apply it directly to what you are coating or if around other areas you do not want to coat, then directly to the your microfiber, let it sit for a short bit then just wipe over it to spread and remove any excess.

I actually use it on the wheel well liners too, especially the NNBS as the OEM gaps are so huge. I spray it all over, let it soak in and either wipe over to get the areas that I missed during the application or I just leave it alone. Leaves a great shine/sheen without being super glossy.

You really cannot go wrong with that stuff IMHO. @jerryjoe28

sounds good. hopefully I can try it out this weekend!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. Let me know what you think of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640