Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@jerryjoe28

I know some people don't like engine dressings, but this stuff is geared towards the marine industry and boats and we coat a lot of stuff with it. Great shine, rejects water and has a UV inhibitor.

I used to coat my black plastic before I color matched it with 303. Works pretty good on tires too.

Here is a great write up on autogeek.net

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

IMG_1714.JPG

I usually give the engine compartment a light spray after a cleaning, let it sit and wipe up any excess. No sticky residue, a good shine that lasts a good time and anything extra is absorbed by the heat.

Now I have cleaned the crap out of it in there with Simple Green and a toothbrush and rags, especially on the valve covers which makes it look even better.

Not show quality, but there is no crap attracting more crap other than way down low near the suspension and what is kicked up by the road, however I try to avoid rainy days and puddles with a vengeance. :)

Last edited:

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
@jerryjoe28

I know some people don't like engine dressings, but this stuff is geared towards the marine industry and boats and we coat a lot of stuff with it. Great shine, rejects water and has a UV inhibitor.

I used to coat my black plastic before I color matched it with 303. Works pretty good on tires too.

Here is a great write up on autogeek.net

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

View attachment 72863

I usually give the engine compartment a light spray after a cleaning, let it sit and wipe up any excess. No sticky residue, a good shine that lasts a good time and anything extra is absorbed by the heat.

Now I have cleaned the crap out of it in there with Sinple Green and a toothbrush and rags, especially on the valve covers which makes it look even better.

Not show quality, but there is no crap attracting more crap other than way down low near the suspension and what is kicked up by the road, however I try to avoid rainy days and puddles with a vengeance. :)
I read a crap load of reviews on amazon for it. Looks like people put it on everything! I like the light sheen your engine compartment has. I may haft to check that stuff out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just mist the 303 on lightly. It goes a long way and I've been using the stuff for almost 20 years.

People have their favorites and sometimes the marine products cross over into automotive like Collinites, Flitz, Nevr Dull and Novus.

All of these are in my products stash at home and work and get used regularly depending on the application.

Check them out. @jerryjoe28

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just mist the 303 on lightly. It goes a long way and I've been using the stuff for almost 20 years.

People have their favorites and sometimes the marine products cross over into automotive like Collinites, Flitz, Nevr Dull and Novus.

All of these are in my products stash at home and work and get used regularly depending on the application.

Check them out. @jerryjoe28
I just checked it out definitely worth the work

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked it out definitely worth the work

Yessir. Thx man. My painter with the Monte Carlo pictured a page of so back, blamed me for making him spend more time detailing his cars, like the door jambs, brake calipers and engine compartment. Handshake for a sweet paint job on the HD hood and happy to pass along the wisdom of OCD detail....lol
Have to drop off some beers for the boys before the weekend as well.

DDenali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Thx man. My painter with the Monte Carlo pictured a page of so back, blamed me for making him spend more time detailing his cars, like the door jambs, brake calipers and engine compartment. Handshake for a sweet paint job on the HD hood and happy to pass along the wisdom of OCD detail....lol
Have to drop off some beers for the boys before the weekend as well.
Wow that's a lot of work but again well worth

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gave the truck a good wash this morning so that I could get the HD hood detailed after the repaint. Looking badass and it is finally smooth and free of corrosion. What a mission, but the painters hooked me up this time going the extra mile to make sure they got it dialed in. I hit it with the clay bar, polished it with the DA and 3M Perfect-It Ultrafine Machine Polish, then Surf City Garage Nano Seal and Glaze. The shine and reflection is amazing!!

I hit the tires with a stiff brush and cleaner and gave the wheel faces a good polish. They weren't really that dirty, but worth the effort to make sure there wasn't any additional brake dust on them even though they get their own wash mitt on the face and a separate one for the inner lip. Shined the tires up and hit the road for a short road trip with the family while the truck was looking sweet and the weather was perfect.

IMG_8422.JPG

IMG_8424.JPG

IMG_8428.JPG

IMG_8429.JPG

IMG_8430.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natenate