Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched all over the country and luckily found one in a junkyard 1 hour away. It was rusted up pretty bad and took this last run in the shop to finally get all the corrosion out when they took it back to the metal.

We should have just stripped it from the beginning, but it didn't look that bad, etc....No worries, the painters have hooked me up numerous times with the color matched parts, so I am not complaining.

The paintwork for the hood overall ended up costing a bit, but the initial purchase on the hood only cost me $40. I sped away from that yard so fast, as the guy had no idea how much I was containing my excitement.

Still worth the effort and work as it really makes the front end come together. Even my wife agreed when we test fit it the first day. Then she could see why I was so stoked to trade hoods. She's still not happy my OEM hood is taking up more space in the shed with some extra tires. Oops!!

Do the drop as that can happen now and keep searching for the HD hood. It will happen and usually when the funds need to be allocated elsewhere. Damn mods!! lol @DDenali

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I can't find a good one at all and I'm afraid of the aftermarket options. I guess I'll just focus on dropping her then see what happens

Sent from Dugar's iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing, until I finally found one an hr away on Craigslist! Be patient, you'll find one.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
no idea how I missed this yester day! she looks great @Fosscore. I am still extra jealous of your weather it is warm here but hasn't stopped raining for like 3 weeks :okay2:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no idea how I missed this yester day! she looks great @Fosscore. I am still extra jealous of your weather it is warm here but hasn't stopped raining for like 3 weeks :okay2:

@jerryjoe28
Thx man. Yeah Florida this time of year for the weather is incomparable except to maybe SoCal.

This was my view headed to work the other morning after a passing rain shower. This entire week is pretty much perfection at 80F and shorts.

Makes it easier to keep the trucks top notch as well.

IMG_1665.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640