Forgive my stupidity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which side of the motor is #1 cyl located on our trucks?

I’m halfway to Youngstown Ohio on 80 and this truck decides to throw an OBD 2 sensor issue 015D. It’s running like crap and I’m near an exit with a Napa and or an Advamced auto.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which side of the motor is #1 cyl located on our trucks?

I’m halfway to Youngstown Ohio on 80 and this truck decides to throw an OBD 2 sensor issue 015D. It’s running like crap and I’m near an exit with a Napa and or an Advamced auto.
Check the wiring for the O2 sensors on both banks and check that each of your injector and coil wiring connectors are secure. Had one of my injector connectors loosen up a few weeks ago and cause similar symptoms.

Last edited:

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both, appreciate it, will check the wiring to all. Sensor 2 bank 2 passenger post cat went about 2 months ago. Was wondering if it’s just time to replace them, 124,000 miles on this beast.

I was at similar miles on original O2 sensors and just replaced all four. I found Rock Auto dot com to be the lowest prices I found on OE sensors.

The passengers side upstream sensor was the hardest for me as I have some big mitts and it was really tight between the fender and all those cooling lines getting the connectors off and on. I think if I had it to do over, I would remove the front passenger side fender liner. Probably easier to get the wrench on that sensor through there as well. Oh, and I bought a cheapo O2 sensor socket set off Amazon, worth the money.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driver side front to rear: 1,3,5,7
Passenger side front to rear: 2,4,6, and the dreaded 8, the one everyone struggles to change the plug on.

Reaction score
Passenger side front to rear: 2,4,6, and the dreaded 8, the one everyone struggles to change the plug on.
That's because it's pointing at the damn firewall. They should make the heads side specific, with all the plugs pointing forward

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I’ve got some big mitts myself I managed to change out the # 8 plug with ease. Leaned over the front of the truck and it was pretty easy to get at. I would imagine from the side of the truck it would be harder.

OP
OP
5strmtrp

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting back to the o2 sensors. Lucked out with the sensor coming out easily with a 7/8th inch wrench. This truck came from middle of this great country and has no rust on it.

However.... I’m still getting the code but now for the opposite side sensor 1. Thankfully it’s pissing rain, but this time in a parking lot at Napa that has a river running thru it and I’ve got nothing to protect me from the water but my tee shirt.. fugg

If I could of only ordered all 4 of these at Rockauto and done this AT HOME!! before I left for this trip.

I thank my dad for always taking a small tool kit with him, rubbed off on me, except for rain gear and a floor jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse