Fog retro question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Alright, I'm drawing a blank on this and feeling like an idiot. This should be an easy question for me:

I ordered the Fusion fog lights. They take H11 bulbs. I currently have 880 HID's. Do I just replace my bulbs or do I need to replace the whole setup to match up with H11's??

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I found an adapter cable that fits 880/883(or something)/H11 so I'm thinking I may be good to go with what I've got. I'm just not sure.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Upon further review, H11's should work fine with the existing 880 wiring.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just click on the hidplanet link posted above. :)

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you guys have seen the projector fog's I use...
So far mine have no damage from road debris, the reflectors are still nice and clean and only had one fog up on me once after I acidently directly sprayed it with pressure washer after I had just turned the lights off..
out of the 15 or so sets installed on friends and family members vehicals. noone has had any problems with them. This includes my buddies parents semi trucks, that are on the road for days at a time..

You can get them in a variety of bulb types by telling the vendor what kind you want to use. so no adapters or other BS, just plug your 880's right in.
I got mine with a 9005/6 plate so I can run one bulb type from top to bottom on my denali.. Makes it simple, carry one spare bulb and ballast in glove box.

They dont come with bulbs or wire harness's that is useless for most of us.
UNIVERSAL P1 HID H8 H10 H11 CLEAR PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS

As far as the Retro into OEM housings, you could cut away the reflector, leaving some material to form tabs that you could attach to the mounting screws on either side of the fog light metal housing.
This way everything would be adjustable to get a proper light pattern through the OEM lenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny